Should I go with the 13" MBA/1.86Ghz/128SSD w/4GB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jlee6890, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jlee6890 macrumors newbie

Let me preface this by saying I don't plan on keeping the laptop that long (3-4 months?) because I plan on reselling it and buying the MBA with the SB update later this year. I mainly need something ultra portable NOW considering i'm at college and my current laptop died on me. That being said, should I still get the 4GB upgrade? I keep on reading that 4GB is essential, but I never really run more than 1 or two applications simultaneously and I plan on using it mainly for web surfing, HD video streaming, word processing, and watching 720 Bluray rips.Virtually no gaming.

I plan on buying the MBA from Mac Connection and the price difference between the 2GB model($1189) and 4GB($1399) model is $210 after the $100 rebate for the 2GB model.

Also how much do you think I can get back for the 2GB and/or 4GB model when I resell it in 3-4 months?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you're going to sell it in few months, just get the 2GB model. I rarely use more than 2GB of RAM in my MBA which has 4GB. Even swapping is fast due to the SSD.