Should I just give up and go to the Apple store tonight?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cthoops, Jun 16, 2010.

1. cthoops macrumors member

Ordered yesterday at 7:00 a.m. through AT&T (no choice - new subscriber and needed a family plan.) Got the "your order has been completed" e-mail right away, this morning I got an e-mail saying my phone number had been ported, but AT&T's website is STILL not recognizing my order number - no status, nothing. Just the error message.

So should I just accept the fact that I don't have an order (despite ordering at 7:00 a.m. yesterday), give up and go to the Apple store tonight to order a phone? Or do I hold out hope that my order number may be recognized sometime in the future?

Thoughts?

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

You can't just go to the store and order a phone.

3. quid squid macrumors regular

even if you went to the actual store they would just put you on one of the floor laptops and show you how to order from apple.com

i would print the email and go to an AT&T store and figure out why they're not recognizing your order number.

4. cthoops thread starter macrumors member

Well that's the thing, you can't sign up for a family plan with apple.com. It has to be either through AT&T or in person at the store. I know that they aren't taking reservations any more for the 24th, but I thought you could still go to the store to order one, for delivery on October 13th (at this rate!). Is that incorrect?

5. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

all you have to do is call the number if it still rings on your old phone you got screwed