Should I keep 1.0.2 or move to 1.1.1 (independence activated phone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Nov 12, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I have a phone-less iPhone. It was "fake" activated using Independence back when 1.0.2 was the firmware. I did not unlock it as I don't use it as a phone.
    Since then, I installed AppTap and a bunch of apps.

I have 4 questions:

1) Is there a downside to upgrading to 1.1.1?
    2) Is the phone in danger of being bricked in someway or have all those problems been solved?
    3) Is it possible to restore my phone back to its virgin state at 1.0.2 if I move to a hacked version of 1.1.1?
    4) If I upgrade to 1.1.1, if I ever want to legitimately activate my phone and use it on AT&T, can I still do so?

Thanks!

2. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

I'm in the EXACTLY the same situation as you, i've had my iPhone for 2 months now - I've just left 1.0.2 - everything is working fine, why risk screwing it up just for iTunes Wi-Fi music store and a few other things...

In my opinion.... just leave it mate :)

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Well, the iTunes store is nice, and the double hitting the space bar to get a period is nice, and the double hit the home button to get to ipod controls is nice.

I can live without them, but I guess the real question is, at some point there will be an update that offers some great new feature. How are we going to get that update then? May as well start thinking about it now.