Should I keep buying a MBP in spite of anti-reflective problem ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fahato, Oct 20, 2015.

1. fahato macrumors newbie

fahato

Hello, guys ! I'm a student in VN and as you've known, there aren't any Apple Stores in VN (just Authorised Reseller). I don't like it because of the high tax cost. So I asked my uncle in Denmark to buy a MBP 13" E2015 (for programming, photo & video editing) when there are some sale-off and give me in the next Jan (he'll be back for the Tet holiday).
    Last few days, I read that Apple has launched Quality program to fix Anti-Reflective problems and I searched all the topic about "Anti-Reflective problems". If I buy it and wanna fix it, I have to send it to the nearest Apple Store in Singapore. And the procedure is not simple at all ! I just want to make sure everything is fine until there are some official Apple Stores in the next few years.
    It began from MBP Retina 2013, 2014,... and how about the 2015 ver ? Have the MBP Retina 2015 been fixed ? If not, how should I do to avoid ? Should I keep buying it ?
    Thank you and have a good day !

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The 2015 has not been on release long enough to know, these issue usually show up after about a year. They are not very widespread issues and there si no evidence that this is happening on a wide scale so you are talking a low chance of it happening to you.

However as with any electronic product you may have an issue with it for any number of reasons there are a lot of components and any one of them can fail at any time for any number of reasons. If you live in a place where getting support is a problem then I would suggest you buy something that has better support in your area.

3. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

My guess is that they have fixed whatever manufacturing problems they were having with the anti-glare coating since they now have a repair program in place. Even if the issue still exists you're covered for 3 years anyways and knowing apple if you do have this problem even after the 3 year mark they are likely to take care of you since it's a known issue. I wouldn't let the ant-glare coating stop you from buying a retina macbook pro at this time.

4. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I saw a demo MBP unit with peeled off coating just a few weeks ago at an Apple Store. It's the 2015 model. That said, OP, I think given Apple has acknowledged this problem, you'll be fine if it ever happens to your MBP.

5. fahato thread starter macrumors newbie

fahato

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What is your expected usage? Both computers have their place and purpose.

7. fahato thread starter macrumors newbie

fahato

As I've said, I'm planning to buy it for programming and photo/video editing using Adobe's products