Should I pre-order with a ship date of July 14 or just wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LittleRedBird, Jun 17, 2010.

1. LittleRedBird macrumors member

I don't have a pre-order or reservation for the iPhone 4 :(. Does anyone think the stores will restock for walk-ins before the July 14th ship date or should I just pre-order from Apple and accept the wait? Last year, there seemed to be plenty of 3GSs available despite the hype.

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Why don't you just order and cancel it if you don't want it? By the time you read our post here, it's going to be July 15, 16, etc.

3. macbd macrumors regular

Well, since there were 10 times as many pre-orders this year versus last year, I wouldn't really compare to last year.

You can cancel the order anytime before it ships, so if you get lucky on launch day, cancel the online order.

4. LittleRedBird thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice! That is probably what I'll end up doing if I'm not lucky on launch day. I'm just afraid that I'll somehow end up with two...with one being the full price!! I was at my local Apple store today and one associate didn't think there would be a problem so long as I was there early enough (yay optimism!). But another associate thought that it will be sheer madness and there won't be enough for everyone.

5. nccb macrumors newbie

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

If you preorder and it goes through, make sure AT&T doesn't kick back your eligibility date. Otherwise, you will have to pay full price at the store.

7. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

To my knowledge, AT&T wouldn't change your eligibility date until you activate the phone, because you're not really "renewing" your contract until it is activated.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I say preorder now and like said still try to get in the store on launch, etc..

Better that then end up with the date possibly going even further in the future.