Should I PreOrder Now and Wait Until July 2nd, Or Should I Just Go To Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphones4evry1, Jun 15, 2010.

?

I think you are better off...

1. Pre-ordering now for July 2nd

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Going to the Apple Store and waiting in line

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I was not able to Pre-order earlier today, so now it will let me Pre-Order but says "Ships By July 2." Should I get my Pre-order in now, or do you think I'll be better off going to an Apple Store and Waiting in Line ???

Any Thoughts?

3G iPhone lines were super long because that was the only way to get it - at the Apple Store. But I figure all the fanatics (btw, I'm one of you) already preordered (except me), so do you think I would be able to get a phone if I went at 7AM on Saturday morning after the launch ?

Yes, I know that none of you actually know, but I'm hoping for some experience/thoughts/good-ideas. Thanks.

2. Jizzles macrumors regular

This all depends on your location. If you're in a big city then expect lines to be long. If you're in a small town then you can possibly arrive at 7 and walk out with a phone.

Are you still able to reserve at an apple store?

3. iphones4evry1 thread starter macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Apple's website says the option to pre-order and pick up at an Apple Store is no longer available. I'm not in a major city nor a small town. I'm in-between, in an urban suburb, but since we have about five Apple Stores within a half-hour of my house, I plan on going to the least busy.

4. iphones4evry1 thread starter macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I think I'm going to just go hit on one of the nerds at the Apple Store, wink, smile, and whisper "can you set one of those new iPhones aside for me?" ;)

That's what I did during the original, 3G, and 3GS launches. I got mine on the first day and never waited a second in line.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Depends on the store.

The 2 stores near me will be sold out within minutes (joking but not as the lines will be absurd within seconds of release)

So, near me...ordering is what should be done

But for those near stores that may not be as crowded, I think they have a good shot