Should I purchase a third gen Ipad, or wait for a possible announcement of a new Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Virro, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Virro macrumors newbie

Hello guys!
    I started college a few weeks ago, and when presented with an enormous amount of e-book reading, I have been considering getting an Ipad.
    I find it very easy to just pull out the Ipad in the train or before bed, and catch up on some reading.
    My question, however, is if I should purchase a third gen Ipad now, or wait for a possible announcement of an Ipad 3 (or whatever they will call it)
    I am not interested in buying an Ipad mini that a lot of people think they will announce.
    So do you guys think they will announce a 4th generation of the Ipad? or should I just go down and get myself an Ipad 3gen.

Thank you so much in advance! i really appreciate your professional input :)

2. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

There is no likelyhood of any iPad-4 to be anounced before March-2013. What the rumors are talking about are a possible iPad- Mini some "7" odd inches to be anounced in Oct-2012 and the other rumor is a possible change to the current New iPad but those changes are only to the dock connector happening this Holiday season in the U.S mid of November-2012 (Which IMO looks difficult too, on how can Apple make a change to the current model in middle of a product life cycle

My Advice is if you can wait for another 6 Months wait. Or simply buy a iPad-3 right now.

3. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

They did it with the very first airport extreme. In January 2007 it launched with "fast Ethernet" ports. Seven months later, a gigabit Ethernet version appeared. I was annoyed, since my brand new router was obsolete in a few months.

The rumors are too strong on the iPad mini right now. I'd wait.

4. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Dude Macbooks is a different ball game altogether. iPad with a Life Cycle of only one year cannot and should not undergo changes in just 6 months time.

5. tann macrumors 68000

The chances of them announcing a new 4th generation iPad are extremely slim. I'd say buy now.

4th gen will be around next March :).

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Macbook? I'm talking about this:

Attached Files:

7. iWantThat macrumors member

This is not entirely true. If you read this site often you would have seen a rumor just last week that speculated a revamped 'new iPad'. Supposedly it would have better battery life and better heat dissipation along with the new dock connector.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/07...y-life-improvements-potentially-thinner-body/

Of course this could never come to fruition, but I personally would wait until atleast after the iPad mini announcement (I know, that also is not a foregone conclusion yet) before I bought the current iPad. We're only talking about a month or so.

8. ankurshr macrumors newbie

Wait 2 more days (to satisfy your paranoia) and then go out and buy either the latest iPad or the proclaimed iPad-mini (which would be more bang for your buck IMHO).

9. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Not happening for sure ! 100% take it from me !!

----------

Yes so ! You cant compare this with iPad. They may announce and make changes to other products which have a longer life cycle but unless there is a defect reported with the current iPad's I dont think they would make changes to the product ! People who have already bought around the world will feel cheated !!

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i say get a refurb/used ipad 2 now, then get the 4! ;)

11. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

I really don't think the changes would be much, if there are any. If you are unhappy with the current iPad being 0.7mm thicker than the iPad 2, and if you think that 10 hours of battery life isn't enough, or hate the fact that it sometimes becomes warm in the hand, then you might as well wait the 2 days.

12. iWantThat macrumors member

Sorry Tim Cook, I wasn't aware you were a macrumors member :rolleyes:

13. augustya, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Digitimes which is Notorious to leak and speculate on a lot of Apple product information one of the editors infact who I somehow got in touch, happen to confirm this, Mid of November The New iPad is gonna arrive in its New "AVATAR" But I still dont feel it will happen.