Should I purchase the existing rMBP 13" model, or should I wait for the new model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gentleman00, Jul 11, 2013.

  1. gentleman00 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    #1
    I am torn between continuing to use my work issued MBA 11" (2010) and buying a rMBP 13" for myself. I know there have been many other threads posted by members about this dilemma, but I decided to post one anyway to see what others would recommend.

    My primary use for the rMBP would be surfing and using it to write papers. So gaming or using it for applications such as Photoshop is secondary-- I have my 27" iMac (2009) for that purpose. However, I find the MBA 11" screen too small for writing and other daily usages, especially if I am working at a coffee shop in the morning.

    The MBA 11" is too small, and my iMac 27" is too big and I don't want it to limit my mobility when I am working away from home.

    Should I wait for Haswell? I don't expect to gain much from the release of the next generation of MBPs if I am primarily using it for writing and surfing. Right?

    I guess I also have the itch for a new Macbook :cool:
     
  2. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

    dazlicous

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Manchester
    #2
    I would deffo wait the GFX is a decent bump from HD4000 to Intel 5100
     
  3. falconeight Guest

    falconeight

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2010
  4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

    Orlandoech

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    #4
    And the model after that I'd wait.

    ----------

    I'm waiting to upgrade from a 15" rMBP to Haswell and even possibly a 13".
     
  5. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2011
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #5
    I'd wait until married :rolleyes:
     
  6. darcmasta macrumors newbie

    darcmasta

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2013
    #6
    Buy two of the current one, and sell them so you can buy the new one when its released!

    Seriously though, if you are asking yourself this question....don't kid yourself you are gonna wait it out :p Reason I say this? I am on this same boat.
     
  7. henry72 macrumors 65816

    henry72

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #7
    You should wait!! :)

    If I have a MacBook Air and an iMac, I'd definitely wait!! The new MacBook Pro is just around the corner. I mean do you REALLY need "an extra Mac" right now?
     

Share This Page