Should I replace my iP4 battery myself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ICON5o2, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ICON5o2 macrumors regular

ICON5o2

My warranty is up tomorrow dec 28th. I'm running iOS 5. With normal use the battery seems fine except for when I start playing games and taking pics. That's when it starts to drain pretty quick. I think I've pretty much killed the battery cause ever since day one of owning the phone I've been using it like crazy. I think I might be an iPhone addict lol.

So should I just go ahead and replace the battery myself or what?

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

Don't think the batt is the issue. But if u want to change it, do it it's easy. Search YouTube for how to

3. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Your battery is fine. Graphic intense games can drain a battery pretty quickly as well as taking pics.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Have you ben exercising the battery (drain to zero once a month)? If not, give it a try and see if that helps.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

well it's a little late now, but I would've recommended going to an Apple store and talking to a genius about the battery issues, and see if they'll replace it for you before you consider doing it yourself.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Normal. Anything that lights the screen will cause excessive drain. Do this:

Charge full to 100%.
    Unplug
    Use your phone for NOTHING besides a few txts and short calls for 1 whole day.

How's your battery? Fine. It's the games and stuff... Not the battery.

7. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

This is weird. I let my battery run completely down yesterday. I put it on charge for the rest of the day. I unplugged it before going to bed and making sure all apps were closed out. I check it the next day and I see this.

Attached Files:

8. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I finally figured out what was draining my battery so fast. I'm now getting much better battery performance and can now play Angry Birds for more than 30 minutes without the battery going dead :)

Attached Files:

9. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Yea don't leave us hanging.

10. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

3 hours? I thought you were an iPhone addict

11. ICON5o2, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

Since I have multiple email accounts they was allllll set to fetch. I had fetch new data and push set to off but when I went to advanced settings I noticed that each email account was set to fetch. I switched them all to manual and bingo. Strange I know but now my usage an standby time is no longer equal.

So if anyone is having poor battery performance I would suggest looking into this.

12. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I am an iPhone addict lol. I recently acquired an iPod Touch so that gives my iPhone a lil break lol.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I guess I am too lol. Why do you have an iPod touch and iPhone though? I'd hate to carry around both.

And I'm gonna take your advice and set both my emails to manually search and see if it affects my battery life.

14. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

A friend of mine told me if I could get it working then I could have it. I told him I really didn't need it cause I have a 120GB classic and my iPhone but he insisted that I keep lol. I went ahead and restored it and put some music and a few games on it. So now while I'm home I just use it most of the time.

Yeah I kinda hate having both also. Only time I bring it along is when I want some tunes in the car.