Should I replace my phone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

I have an iphone 5 with a small paint coming off right out of the box. Is it worth replacing it because there is also a chance that i can get the scuff replacement phone as well.

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. monkor macrumors regular

3. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

No.

That's so little it isn't even worth it. If you could take a picture and not have to use a arrow and a big red circle to show the problem then maybe, but when you need that much examination to find something it just doesn't seem worth it, especially because your replacement could have a REAL problem ( lose battery, yellow screen, camera not working )

4. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

No. Also, your thread should have a question mark at the end since it is a... you know... question. One would suffice, as well.

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

6. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I mean it's obviously your choice. Do you plan on putting it in a case? If so, then no, dont replace it. If you plan on shining it daily and showing it off then maybe you should. However, keep in mind, these are purely cosmetic issues, nothing that hinders the performance of this beastly phone you have in your hands :)

7. JoshObra macrumors regular

Nope. I don't even see anything. Have you tried rubbing it off?

Edit: Nevermind. Had to enlarge picture. I have about the same size scuff on the bottom of mines.

But trust me, there are even larger scuffs out there.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If that's the only flaw on the phone, I would keep it. You'll most likely end up with something worse.

9. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you thinking replacing or keep it, i think i will just keep it, ytd i went to store to replace it and it was worse than what i have now

10. JoshObra macrumors regular

I'm keeping it. Picture below.

[​IMG]

The screenshot looks far more worse than it looks, as I've zoomed the crazies out of the photo, but it's essentially about the size of this apostrophe (').

I'm over it though since I'm just going to have a case over it anyways, plus I could probably just ink it a little with a pen when I find the courage to do so.

I think I've mentioned this on countless threads, most peoples replacement iphones turn out to be far worse than what they had originally.

11. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'd replace it. Same like buying a new car. Would you buy a new car with a door ding or a nick on the hood? I mean, you worked hard for your money and expect to get new and flawless out of box; new is what you should receive from Apple - not slight imperfection new. Just my take.

13. darster Suspended

You wouldn't get an exchange on the car. They would just do a little touch up on the paint. Of course that's a different scenario. You can inspect the car before you sign the dotted line. With a preorder, you pay before you see. But your reasoning is sound.

14. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think you should take responsibility for yourself and make up your own mind, rather than ask the OCD people here. You got your own problems.

15. sdfab macrumors newbie

I'd be more worried about your gross dandruff then the scratch

16. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

i think you should wake up now & sleep at 3pm every afternoon. :p
    i also think you should eat 10 meals a day. :D

17. bobright macrumors 601

Lol

18. imlynxy macrumors 65816

I would. You pay your money you work hard for. I changed my ipad 5-6 times till I get flawless one(Appple store is on my way to work). You should be happy with your new "toy" and it should increase your level of utility (satisfaction). Life is not easy. I prefer to have my scratch, not Foxconn one.

19. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

whats wrong with asking people for opinions, two or more brain power is better than one, and i got my own problem? then the whole macrumors should not post anything because it is their own problem and cant share it to others according to your logic. WHAT A STUPID LOGIC

----------

Than* not then lol

thats not dandruff you stupid, thats a common dust in the room

20. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

How old ARE you?

21. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

you should ask yourself

22. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Most items that you buy with a scratch and dent you would receive a discount. Did you receive any kind of discount for a scratched product? If the answer is no, then return it and get a non-scratched one.