Should I reserve iPhone 5S in Best Buy store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Also does Apple ship out to carriers and online orders before retail stores like Best Buy? Don't really know how the process works. I want to order but I don't want to wait months and months.

Thanks.

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

If you don't want to wait for months, I'd just visit the Apple Store. Apparently they restock every day (albeit mostly Space Grey)

3. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

So you think Best Buy will be waiting a long time? I have a jump plus store, here in Ontario, but seeing as I have to sell my iPhone 5 and buy the 5s all in one day..by that time I think they would be sold :eek:

4. KaijuRed macrumors regular

I checked my local BestBuy (San Diego) and they're always out-of-stock for the 5S... Verizon and ATT says 5S's start shipping end of October (10/28?!)

I just walked into the Apple store today and walked out with a 5S.

Given your situation... I think you need to plan carefully. It's all about timing :confused:

5. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

So what should I do? I've never bought an iPhone near launch day, or anytime after that. I called the Jump plus store and they gave me the whole " they dont know when its going to be shipped, but to call back every week"

Is it possible to sell my phone and run back to the store to buy it? They would probably be sold right?

----------

Also I live in a smaller town in Ontario. I'm assuming that more shipments are supplied in Toronto or something like that.

6. KaijuRed macrumors regular

How are you going to sell your phone? :confused:

The best thing to do is to call the store (Bestbuy or Apple) before going to the store to make your purchase. That's what I did before I went to the Apple store. The employee told me they had plenty in stock and were handing out cards to line up.

7. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I already have a buyer. He is aware that I'm just waiting on shipment. I think the reason why I chose to go with best buy is because it secures my spot. Hope it doesn't take too long. :( they also said that they don't have many 32gb buyers on their list and that I would probably get it in the first shipment.

Best buy said it could be 2 weeks.

8. KaijuRed macrumors regular

That's rough... You *could* sell your phone now and wait 2 weeks later if you don't mind living like it's 1980 :p

Or you could wait and then sell your phone? But you'd have to find a buyer on that day.

9. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

We'll this guy sounds serious. I also have the add on kijii just in case. He says he doesn't mind waiting. Hopefully it all pans out. Just hope I'm not waiting a long long time. I heard from somewhere that October 14th is when iPhones are being shipped again.

10. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

This is crapolla, never again will I get sucked into wanting to buy an iPhone near launch month. I never even wanted to upgrade from my 5, but the frenzy seeped into my veins somehow. Arrgh :eek:

I also think that I am in panic mode because my carrier has a glitch in the system saying that I am eligible for an early upgrade with only a payout of $50. If that changes then I will have to pay much more! :/

11. sucka free macrumors member

Which Apple store in SD?

12. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Fashion Valley Mall.

13. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Do they have Gold 64GB verizon iPhone 5s?

14. KaijuRed macrumors regular

I was there on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Picked up a 64GB Space Grey yesterday morning (10 am).

During those 2 days, they had no gold. They only have silver and grey in 32 or 64 gb for verizon and ATT.

An employee said they restock every day except sunday.

If you want gold, i'd call them to check and if they say yes i'd hurry! There were 5 people asking for Gold when i was lining up yesterday.