Should I restore my iphone from jailbreak before I take it to an Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigO, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BigO macrumors newbie

Hey guys so I've had my iPhone 4 since launch day and since then I have been putting up with its proximity sensor problems. Apple said 4.1 was going to help with it but there was never a change for me. I still mute people, facetime, put em on hold, call other people etc etc. I'm tired of it and I would like to see if Apple can do anything for me.

My question is whether I should restore my iphone back to original 4.1 before I take it in. I jailbroke it so of course I have all my changes running. Would it be a problem if I showed up with it jailbroken? I heard about it not being illegal to jailbreak anymore or whatever, but does that still void warranty or what? If you have had any prior experience with something like this please let me know. Also 4.2 just released so does anyone know if Apple made anymore changes to the proximity sensor? Starting to think its more hardware than software though, but what do I know. Thanks everyone for your replies, they are much appreciated :)

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you want warranty coverage, restore your iPhone to a non-jb state.
    Just because jb is not illegal doesn't mean apple has to honor the warranty if you come in with a jb phone.