Should I return iPhone 5 back to Target?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ann713, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ann713 macrumors 6502a

My family's 2-year contract w/ T-Mobile will end March 2013, and we are all planning to switch to either Verizon or AT&T. Since I was able to sell my previous iphone for a decent price, I decided to go to Target's kiosk to purchase an iphone 5 under new contract with AT&T. They're currently having a sale at $149 for the 16gb model so I couldn't resist. (Paid only about $200 out the door with tax)

Problem is - the signal with AT&T isn't so great around my home compared to T-Mobile. I'm guessing we'll stick with the latter. I've also recently found that this device can be unlocked for all gsm carrier for as low as under $5. How do I go keeping this phone, to be used on T-Mobile?

Paying the ETF ($325) + first month's bill, activation fees ($125) + price paid for phone ($200) = Roughly $650

If Target doesn't take back their $50 sales discount after ETF - I guess I saved $50.

Am I better off just returning the phone completely (still within 14-day policy), and purchasing a subsidized device at Apple Store for $700 with CA tax included?

Thanks for reading and inputting any advice!

2. cutienoua macrumors member

if internet speed is important ,then go big red
    just did a speed test 45Mbps down/16Mbps up.
    straight talk is another good option with choice between att or tmobile sim
    I would just return this phone,you can find better prices on ebay ,if you don't go verizon

3. darster Suspended

You can back out of any mobile contract within the first 14 days. Pay full price for unlocked Verizon model. Use it on t mobile until contract is up and then switch to Verizon or other carrier.