Should I run my MBP on battery at least every day?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spetsnazos, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

How do I preserve my battery health anything I should do ??

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I usually run on battery 2-3 times a week until 50% tho then i plug it back in!

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

No. Draining and charging it every day will just put unneeded cycles on the battery. Just use your computer. If you need to run it from the battery, go ahead. If you don't, then plug it in. You should run the battery down about once a month, just to keep I healthy.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't think it matters much. I just use my computer like I should and my battery health is fine. I've seem computers calibrated and taken care of and the battery health is crap.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link posted by teleromeo should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.