Should I sell MBP to recyler? or try to get more for it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dildonious, Aug 22, 2013.

1. dildonious macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have an old 2008 MBP. The case is pretty beat up but it works fine mostly. The only issue is that the superdrive doesn't like to take discs sometimes. I had previously sold a 17inch 2006 to powerbookmedic and was very pleased with their offer of 360. It was easy and painless. However my current MBP is only quoted at 250 and im sure theyll lower it after they receive it and run diagnostics. Should I go ahead and give it a shot or should I try to sell it on craigslist or to a family friend?

Thanks!
    -Dillon

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Well how much are you going to get from the recycling place?

I think if you listed it on eBay 'as is' with a detailed description, it would yield you the most money.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He's going to get a max of $250.

OP I'd say it doesn't hurt to try to get a bit more selling it elsewhere, just make sure wherever you are selling it that you are clear in the description about the problems that it has so the buyer knows what they are getting and doesn't get mad about it.

4. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

eBay might net you more. Depends how beat up it is too.

5. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

The more avenues you try the more time, money you lose.

If you are willing to invest more time and money into trying to sell it and make a little extra, it wont happen, soon, it may happen much later or not at all, why take that extra time/effort/money? Time is money, the longer it sits around not sold, the more you spend keeping it around.

6. jateshk macrumors newbie

7. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I give you $100 and invite you for a coffee at Starbuck, but you pay the shipment... :D