Should I sell my 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I'm currently debating selling my 5 to get the 5S. Money is a little tight at the moment, and Verizon says I can trade it in to them for $325, basically covering my whole 5S. I was just wondering what others thought - I'm scared if I break my phone or something that i'll then have nothing as a back up (aka why I wanna keep my 5.) I also would just like it since it's kind of "discontinued." Thoughts?

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I would sell it and get the 5s, especially if it won't cost you anything after selling it. Don't see a reason NOT to.

3. mactumors macrumors 6502

If you're not eligible for an upgrade, and it doesn't sound like you would be, then the 5s will cost you $649.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Its a choice for you alone to make.

I'm waiting until the early adopters start reporting back on the iPhone 5s.

;)

5. toondw macrumors 6502

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I had the same dilemma when I went from my 4 to the 5. In the end I figured it would just sit in a drawer and gather dust. The price you get at the moment is about the best you will ever get. So many of them out there I can't see some collector buying of you in 20 years. By that time the battery probably won't hold a charge and it will be like an antique.

7. lienhart thread starter macrumors 6502

lienhart

I am! Haha. I'm using my father's upgrade, since he doesn't care to have another phone than the one he has now. :) Thanks for everyone's input, I think I'm gonna do it

8. matttye macrumors 601

If you have the option of a cheaper plan rather than upgrading, I'd go with that.

9. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev