Should I sell my 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 15, 2013.

  1. lienhart macrumors 6502

    lienhart

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2013
    #1
    I'm currently debating selling my 5 to get the 5S. Money is a little tight at the moment, and Verizon says I can trade it in to them for $325, basically covering my whole 5S. I was just wondering what others thought - I'm scared if I break my phone or something that i'll then have nothing as a back up (aka why I wanna keep my 5.) I also would just like it since it's kind of "discontinued." Thoughts?
     
  2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

    Ramio

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    Location:
    Houston, TeXas
    #2
    I would sell it and get the 5s, especially if it won't cost you anything after selling it. Don't see a reason NOT to.
     
  3. mactumors macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2008
    #3
    If you're not eligible for an upgrade, and it doesn't sound like you would be, then the 5s will cost you $649.
     
  4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

    bandofbrothers

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    Uk
    #4
    Hi,



    Its a choice for you alone to make.

    I'm waiting until the early adopters start reporting back on the iPhone 5s.

    ;)
     
  5. toondw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2009
    Location:
    Northumberland, UK
  6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

    Apple fanboy

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Location:
    Behind the Lens, UK
    #6
    I had the same dilemma when I went from my 4 to the 5. In the end I figured it would just sit in a drawer and gather dust. The price you get at the moment is about the best you will ever get. So many of them out there I can't see some collector buying of you in 20 years. By that time the battery probably won't hold a charge and it will be like an antique.
     
  7. lienhart thread starter macrumors 6502

    lienhart

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2013
    #7
    I am! Haha. I'm using my father's upgrade, since he doesn't care to have another phone than the one he has now. :) Thanks for everyone's input, I think I'm gonna do it
     
  8. matttye macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    Location:
    Lincoln, England
    #8
    If you have the option of a cheaper plan rather than upgrading, I'd go with that.
     
  9. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

    R.Stoychev

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2012

Share This Page