Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zenntench_oni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
im thinking of selling my iPhone 3GS to my coworker, the thing is, since i haven't been catching up on the iPhone news, is there a new iPhone in works and would be release this summer June time. cause thats when i have an Upgrade Eligibility on June 10, 2010.

:confused:

So is it good to sell my iPhone 3GS and revert back to iPhone 3g at this time?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
There will indeed be a new revision of the iPhone coming out this summer.

The rest is up to you. You can sell the iPhone on eBay and make a lot more money compared to selling it to your co-worker right now.

zenntench_oni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
There will indeed be a new revision of the iPhone coming out this summer.

The rest is up to you. You can sell the iPhone on eBay and make a lot more money compared to selling it to your co-worker right now.

really? okay. ill try to sell it on ebay even though im just a new user. its only the phone by itself. new iphone for at&t right?

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
really? okay. ill try to sell it on ebay even though im just a new user. its only the phone by itself. new iphone for at&t right?

That's the rumor - nothing from Apple yet. Bigger screen, among other things. Time frame unknown, but WWDC June 22 is the most prominently rumored date. There are also rumors about a Verizon iPhone in the 3rd quarter, but otherwise - new AT&T iPhone in June.

MikeElement

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
I would wait to see what happens at this event.
It may or may not fill you in on what you should do but definitely worth a look.
Iphone OS 4.0

By the way definitely sell on ebay and not to co-worker.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
Wait until Apple officially announces the new iPhone before you put it on eBay or sell it to your co-worker. It might not be worth the upgrade in your opinion, but we won't know until Apple tells us about it

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
I'll give you the answer. It's up to you. Any software upgrade in 4.0 will be compatible with the 3GS. You will get multitasking. The hardware upgrade will most likely be:

-double the screen resolution
-webcam/front facing camera
-5.0MP camera
-better battery life

I also think that there will be 720p video recording which is why it'll be called iPhone HD. This will be the first truly next-gen of iPhone hardware.

Keep in mind though you will get all that is offered in 4.0 that doesn't involve the newest hardware. You can always wait another year and get the next great iPhone when you're contract is up or are eligible for an upgrade without paying full price.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
I'll give you the answer. It's up to you. Any software upgrade in 4.0 will be compatible with the 3GS. The hardware upgrade will most likely be:

-double the screen resolution
-webcam/front facing camera
-5.0MP camera
-better battery life

I also think that there will be 720p video recording which is why it'll be called iPhone HD. This will be the first truly next-gen of iPhone hardware.

Keep in mind though you will get all that is offered in 4.0 that doesn't involve the newest hardware. You can always wait another year and get the next great iPhone.

you really shouldn't say "will most likely be". you don't know what will and won't be in the next iPhone, unless you're steve jobs

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
you really shouldn't say "will most likely be". you don't know what will and won't be in the next iPhone, unless you're steve jobs

When John Gruber says that this will be in the next iPhone, it will be. I've been following Apple for a long time and there has been no one as accurate as him. When someone predicts that a Mac Mini Server model will be released, and it is you know that person has a significant amount of knowledge of products in development at Apple. Keep in mind he also predicted the features in the 3GS but the name as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.