Should I sell my iPhone 5 now or wait for a few months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Sep 16, 2013.

  1. marddin macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    #1
    Seeing as how the iPhone is now discontinued. Should I sell my iPhone 5 friday after purchasing the new 5S or should I wait a few months for the value to possibly go up?

    What do you think?

    Thanks,
    Martin
     
  2. omgitzv2 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #2
    Wait until next week when the 5s phones start popping out on CL.
     
  3. bdrake47 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2012
    #3
    Doubtful that values are going to go up. No one can give you a guarantee, but without something happening that defies basic tenets of economics, resale value of 5 will continue to drop.

    Yes, it's a discontinued phone, but that doesn't make it's value go up anymore than my drawer full of StarTacs, Razrs, etc.

    Even Amazon is taking trade-ins now. The market is getting really flooded and private sale prices have been slowly dropping.

    There are several threads here on resale sites, seems to be a lot of opinions on which is better. Probably get a little more if you can sell on CL but there's also the 'hassle' factor.
     

Share This Page