Should I sell my iSight and 80GB iPod Classic for a 16GB touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lamina, Dec 29, 2007.

?

Should I sell my iSight and 80GB iPod Classic for a touch?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I figure $200 for the iSight, at least $150 for the Classic.

$429 plus tax at Best Buy Canada (or I could make a quick trip to the Galleria Mall in New York state)...

Should I do it? Im pretty sure I can prune my music selection down to about 12 gigs, but my Classic has about 6000 songs on it now...

Just playing with one a few minutes ago really makes me want it for the mobile browser.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'd vote maybe, of course the Touch will improve as it matures.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you'd have to slim down a lot of your music library, I wouldn't bother right now. Maybe put it up on ebay at the end of August, right before the updates will come. Then you can get a good selling price from unsuspecting ebayers and likely be able to get a 32GB model pretty quickly.

But if 16GB would be alright with you, go for it. Just as long as you're not losing too much in the process.

4. barijazz macrumors 6502

ipod touch... not worth it

The ipod touch is pretty cool but after feeling an iphone the ipod touch feels like its missing something. The lack of phone email sms and a whole ******** of other features really makes you feel kind of cheated. I wouldn't buy an ipod touch but you should try it out first so you know what I'm talking about.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Umm...if you jailbreak an ipod touch it can do most everything an iPhone can. There are just a couple exceptions such as sms, being a phone...

6. redgtxdi macrumors newbie

Fixed! ;)

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

What I was getting at is the OP is looking for an iPod, not a phone...so bringing up the iPhone and saying the Touch sucks in comparison really doesn't help this thread.

8. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

you could try to price math the 16gb at Macmall. I had an 8gb ipod Touch, i returned it and price matched the 16gb with MacMall and walked out with a brand spankin' new 16gb for $368. Im just lucky i got it, because MacMall IS a Canadian retailer, but luckily the girl at BestBuy didnt check so :p
    It's a risk, but it may save you money.

9. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

Well, based on your votes...

I picked up a 16GB touch tonight. I've downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken that, but I am still working on doing the safe upgrade to 1.1.2. I've searched the forums, but not really thoroughly, so I won't bother to ask for help yet.

The main issue is that I can't find OktoPrep in installer.app. Any ideas?

I might have to start a thread on this.

The touch is so much more than an iPod... the maps application is absolutely astounding. Unreal.

10. delude macrumors 6502

11. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

You forgot about the camera, or can I get that via jailbreak;)

12. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Don't forget the camera. (So, SMS, phone, speaker, BT, mic, and phone would be the missing features).