iPad Should I Sell My Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Get the iPad Air 2 64GB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gregpod9, Feb 3, 2015.

1. gregpod9 macrumors regular

Over a month ago I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and I really don't like it anymore because it lags too much, I'm not really into Android, and I want a bigger screen. I'm thinking of selling it and getting the iPad Air 2 64 GB. I also have the Mid 2014 15" MBPr (i7 2.5/16/512/750M), and iPhone 5s. Is it worth the upgrade to the iPad Air 2?

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Get the iPad first and play around with it within the return window.

If you like it, keep it and sell the Samsung.

3. Royksöpp macrumors 6502

Royksöpp

Absolutely! No offense but you were crazy for buying that piece of ***** samsung in the first place. I would never buy a samsung device unless I had no other choice. ;)

4. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I've tried using android devices and have been dissapointed. This tablet will collect dust because you are used to iOS working without lag. The sooner you sell, the more you will get for it.
    Yes, to me, it would be worth the upgrade. iPads are a much different experience from the Apple devices you already have, and the cool thing is how they all work together.

5. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

The Galaxy does have a very lovely AMOLED screen. Wish Apple used that technology.

Can't comment on the actual device (my Nexus 7.2 is just as snappy as my iPad Air 2), but if you're not happy with it, and don't see yourself liking it down the road, getting something else is a good idea. Those devices cost too much to settle for something that you don't enjoy.

6. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

The iPad Air 2 is insanely quick, it is a whole other beast, no comparison between Samsung tablets and Apple iPads.

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I'm surprised that the S 8.4 lags. I have a Pro 8.4 and it is as smooth as butter. I recently rooted mine and froze the Samsung bloatware.... not only did it make it even speedier, but I can add any app to the multi-window function. I love the support for microSD cards and USB devices. I use a BT Motorola keyboard w/trackpoint which is very nice.

But if you're not into Android you're not into Android. I have a 64GB iPad 4 that I use as well. It would be hard for me to pick one over the other.

8. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I would say absolutely. I've had both devices and returned the Samsung. The screen of the Samsung is awesome but the overall package can't compete with the Air 2 in my opinion.

9. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I have both devices because I am invested in the Android eco system, but my Air 2 gets much more usage. It's a much smoother experience.

10. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

I will buy the 64 GB iPad Air 2 this weekend.

11. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Lol ? I have an iPad and Samsung Galaxy note 4 and I love my note 4 ....it isn't Laggy and smooth as my iPad

12. Rodster macrumors 68040

I have no lag issues either with my Samsung tablet and it's all the better with the Milk music app. :cool:

13. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

If you are asking in this forum - you already know that you want the iPad Air 2

:)

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I do not think you will get much for the Samsung unfortunately.

15. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I never tried Samsung tablets but I tried Android tablet (Kit Kat 4.4.2) it is lagging real awful and not very smooth as iOS. Apps are terrible and crashed all the times. I don't know why people still buying Android devices? I didn't buy it but I got it for free from AT&T last year. :apple:

16. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought the iPad Air 2 yesterday and I returned today because it vibrated and the screen had issues. I ended up getting the iPad air 1.

17. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

Yes agree! I have a Galaxy Tab and it's a piece of ***. Its now being used a plate holder for hot food. :p.

I have an iPad Air, and returned back to it immediately after a week playing and trying to work out how the **** to work it out. And yeah it does lag.

The iPad air is beautiful, runs well and very easy to navigate. :p I say go for it! I still only have the first iPad air but still works as if she was taken out of the box for the first time from the Apple store :p

18. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to try out the iPad Air 2 again. I hope that I het one without issues. I really did not like the iPad Air 1 refreshing in Safari all the time, and its kind of slow with IOS 8.

19. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Should I Sell My Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Get the iPad Air 2 64GB?

It will have the vibrating issue but I don't notice it anymore really and tbh hold your tablet normally and there is no screen issue imo.

Side note I find it funny there is an ad for the Samsung Galaxy Tab s here showing lol

[​IMG]

20. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

My replacement iPad Air 2 that arrived yesterday has the same issues with the screen, but worse and it vibrates stronger that I can't barely hold the device. I will be returning it today and I'm going back to the iPad Air 1.

21. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

What are you using in that screenshot to view this thread? Just curious.

But anyway that is sorta funny xD

I would definitely get the Air 2 if you can over the Galaxy Tab.

22. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Tapatalk app

23. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

It has resonance, but it should not vibrate so badly that you can barely hold the device... I would try a different Air 2 to see if you still have this issue.

If you have some sort of medical condition with your hands, please just ignore this post.

24. gregpod9 thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to try the iPad Air 2 again. I ordered it at BestBuy.com and they have a sale on them. I will be picking it up at Best Buy tonight.

25. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I buy all my apple devices at Apple now since I find if I need to get it replaced easy to do it there.... Bestbuy requires your iD which I'm not crazy about