Should I switch to Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by george-brooks, Sep 13, 2012.

1. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

Hi there,
    I've been an AT&T/Cingular customer since the dawn of time but now that the iPhone 5 supports LTE I'm thinking about finally making the switch to Verizon (after much debate for many years). I feel like everything I've heard says that Verizon has better 4G coverage (this may be outdated now?) and AT&T is just awful to deal with. The main thing, though, is that I live in New York and AT&T's network here has extremely low bandwidth for how many people are in the area and often clogs. So I guess my main question is, does Verizon have better bandwidth than AT&T (in general and in NYC, if you know)? Anything else I should consider? I will be the only one in my family leaving AT&T so it will definitely be more expensive to have a single plan than my family plan is right now, but that is not a major concern.

2. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

I am in the same boat. I am alone on my grandfathered AT&T plan and want to switch to Verizon. But after learning that I'll have to pay a $40 shared plan on top of the $70 plan I'd choose which will cost me more... Hello AT&T for 2 more years. :rolleyes:

3. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon. Can't wait. AT&T coverage is just horrible.

I will definitely be paying more each month, but at least I can finally use the freaking phone! :mad: