Should I trade an iPhone 2G for a 30gb iPod v5 and $50?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SkippyThorson, Dec 14, 2010.

1. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Alright, I have an interesting question. I got an offer on Craigslist for my iPhone 2G. I'm trying to sell it outright, but that hasn't gone very smoothly. No real offers yet.

However, tonight I got someone that offered me a 30gb iPod with a case, and $50. Now, this isn't my original iPhone 2G, so I don't feel bad about letting it go, and there's not really sentimental value or anything, but I can't decide.

Would I be better off selling the iPhone 2G which has the cable, charger, box, and whatnot, or would I be better off taking $50 cash and selling the 30gb iPod? How much would I get for each? Should I just say more cash? :p

(I'm hoping on $150 for the iPhone. I can imagine I won't be getting $100 for the iPod if I sell it.)

2. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

Sell it on ebay, unlocked and offer international shipping (be careful though). That should net you >$100 if your iphone is in good condition.

3. SkippyThorson, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Right, I figured that. I just didn't know if a 30gb iPod + my original purchase price back would be worth more.

Selling the iPhone at $100 gives me a $50 profit.

With the iPod, I'd get my $50 back, and my profit would simply depend on the sale price of the iPod, which could be, more or less, a gamble versus the iPhone.