Should i update my JB unlocked iphone 3gs 16gb 3.1.3 to 4.0+?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chopsuix, Aug 22, 2010.

1. chopsuix macrumors newbie

I'm a late comer when it comes to iphones. Just received one last week for $15 dollars and so far i've been having an awesome time playing around on it. I jailbroke it and unlocked it. Unfortunately, i don't have the shsh for 3.1.3 so if I upgrade to ios4 I can't downgrade.

So my question is, is it worth me updating? I've read people having trouble with battery life and other stuff when they've tried to JB and unlock with ios4.

I've had good luck so far with minor setbacks while unlocking and jailbreaking my iphone. I'm mostly interested in the multitasking portion of ios 4 but dont' want it to slow down my iphone, or kill my battery life.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

At the moment the latest version of the software, 4.0.2, cannot be jailbroken anyway.

3. chopsuix thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the shsh for 4.0 and 4.1 so technically i could upgrade to those. is it worth it?

4. cobra5mil macrumors member

If you have lots of docks and devices you use with your iPhone, I would make sure they all work first. Apple replaced my defective 3GS with one that has 4.0.1 and now two of my cars with iPod docks and my brand new $28,000 car with Sync doesn't work. Needless to say, I am VERY upset to the point that I might leave Apple for good.

5. Visualgap macrumors member

I'm in the same position of the poster, my iPhone 3GS is currently on 3.1.2 but is ready for a restore since it's acting a bit weird. So should I restore to 3.1.3 or to 4.0.1? (I have the shsh saved for both :p)