should I upgrade or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by localhost8080, May 26, 2013.

1. localhost8080 macrumors member

localhost8080

Im due a free upgrade now from my carrier.
    should I go for an iphone 5 or should I wait to see when they bring out the new iphone?
    I have a 4s just now, do you think they will announce anything at wwdc?

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

wait

3. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I highly doubt anything will be announced at WWDC, and even if there is, it won't be released immediately.

Wait until the 5S, the 5 isn't much better than the 4S anyway.

4. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

I'm right there with you bro. I feel like my iphone 4 is just crawling right now. But I feel like the 5s has to be right around the corner. I'm waiting until WWDC and then I am going to make a decision.

5. imacken macrumors 65816

True, but only if you don't like your device to be lighter, thinner, bigger screen, faster, better camera.....

6. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

At this point if your 4s is still working I would say waiting is a no brainer.

7. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The 4S is still a pretty solid phone. I'd hold out for a while longer.

8. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Lighter and thinner are moot points IMO, I've held the iP5 and I prefer the weight of the 4/4S, so that's depend on preference.

Same with the screen, the increase isn't much so the reading, browsing, and video experience isn't very improved from my experience. Tablets are king in that regard. So yet again, personal preference.

I've never once experienced lag on my 4S, sooo, how much faster could the 5 be... :confused:

And the camera is better? Sapphire lenses and a slightly better sensor? Most people I know don't use their phones camera often, and when they do they use it to take pictures of food and filtered selfies, so...? That depends on if you use the phones camera.

It's an incremental upgrade at best, the upgrade from 4S to 5 isn't worth it, while 4S to 5S most definitely will be, also considering that all the bugs of the first device are fixed in the revision (3GS fixed the cruddy speeds while the 4S fixed "antennagate") so I'm assuming the "bendgate" and lackluster anodized body will be fixed.

So I stand by my statement that the 4S->5 isn't that big of a deal, mostly people trying to justify dropping $200 (or more w/o subsidy) a year ;)

9. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

I'd wait, Apple is cooking something and will open the lid in a couple of weeks time as usual. If you don't like what you see at the upcoming wwdc, upgrade :)

10. Mainbeam macrumors newbie

Mainbeam

Wait

I'd wait, I'm in a similar situation. I had a lovely 4s and it was stolen. My Brother-in-law has borrowed me his iPhone for until August when I can upgrade. If there isn't a new release - I will definitely be waiting. Good luck :)

11. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

really just depends on how much you want to spend. The 5's are going down in price already, and once the 5s gets annoucnced, the price will drop further.

12. Mrbobb macrumors 601

When someone says FREE, be skeptical. NOBODY does anything for free, even your friends want reciprocity for their friendship.

Is unanimous, WAIT.

Then you didn't say why you want to make a change. Is not a sin to stay with a phone if you like it.