Should I wait for Leopard to come out before I buy the new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MK25toLife, Aug 7, 2007.

  1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #1
    I am learning about Mac's slowly but surely. I am going to get an iMac, it's just a matter of time. But if I know the Leopard is coming out for sure in Oct. then I'll wait it out. Afterall, it would be included in all Mac's once it comes out right? If I were to buy the new iMac before the release of the Leopard, would I be able to upgrade for free? If not, how much do you think it would cost to buy the Leopard?
     
  2. wshld macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #2
    I think Leopard will cost 129$.
     
  3. 66217 Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    #3
    Take it for granted it would be available in late October.

    As for the free upgrade, no, there aren't such things. But maybe if you buy 7 days before they release Leopard, Apple could give free upgrades.

    The normal retail price is $129 USD.
     
  4. kalii macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2007
    Location:
    Georgia
    #4
    Yes it will be out in Oct, so if you can wait I would. I believe the cost of Leopard is $129 someone can back me up on that. I woulda waited my this mini's HD is almost dead. :(
     
  5. basherhp2112 macrumors member

    basherhp2112

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2007
    #5
    Tiger or Leopard on New iMac

    Quick question.

    If I wait until October when Leopard arrives will it be 'Preinstalled' on the new iMac?

    I am looking to buy the upgraded 24" model.

    After spending over 2K, will I have to purchase Leopard at $129.00 as a separate software upgrade.

    Also, if I create new projects in iLife 08 will they transfer to Leopard if they are created in Tiger?

    Just trying to get the best bang for the buck.

    Thank you for your assistance...
     
  6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

    Shaduu

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2007
    Location:
    Southsea
    #6
    Yes.

    If you bought the 24" now, yes, you'd have to purchase Leopard separately for $129.

    I would imagine so.
     
  7. thedirtyduo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2007
    #7
    But then....

    Dude, just buy your computer and fork out the the money for Leopard when you feel they have worked out all the little bugs.

    Same bull with the iPhone, Vista, etc.:cool:
     
  8. Gosh macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    #8
    I've never done a OS upgrade as such but I have re-installed the OS once using option Archive and Install.

    This left all my data and settings intact. Don't hold me to it but I imagine that the Leopard upgrade may run along the same procedure?
     
  9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

    xUKHCx

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    The Kop
    #9
    Windows user??

    We don't have to worry about this sort of buffoonery.
     
  10. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    Location:
    Hove, South East England
    #10
    i believe that once a specific release date has been set for Leopard, if you buy a Mac after they announce when Leopard will be out, you will get a free upgrade if you call them up and quote your serial number of the machine.
     
  11. SolrFlare macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2007
    #11
    Yep
     

Share This Page