Should I wait for my DF or get 2 in the morning from the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChevolDavis, Jul 23, 2008.

?

Should I go to the Apple store in the AM and cancel my DF or wait for my DF?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2008.
  1. You know you can't deny the iphone, go to the Apple store in the AM

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. You have waited a bit so far, whats a little while more? Wait for the DF to come in .

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. ChevolDavis macrumors member

Ok here is the thing I am a Verizon customer and am switching to AT&T(you guys know why) and have 2 8GB iphones on DF from the AT&T store nearest my house.
    Last night I checked the nearest Apple store and they had them all in stock, me being a total dork sometimes was kinda like well its an hour and a half away and by the time I get there they will be out. So later around 3 I called the Apple store and asked if they had any in stock, he said yeah all of em so I asked him how long of a wait he said only an hour.
    Me still being a dumbass today was just like well I can wait a little for my DF. I am/was until ATT changed the site 75th at my store and ordered them on the 18th. Needless to say, might have some more waiting to do.

So tonight I check the Apple availability and they have the one I want (2 8GB) in stock.

So quick poll guys:
    You guys hold my future...

You guys think I should go for it and hit the Apple store in the morning, and cancel my DF while I am there??? :p

2. Grock900 macrumors newbie

yeah if they have it

Don't cancel work or anything, if they have it get in early if you can , otherwise just wait with me, i don't care to wait a little more, cuz i will eventually get and probably get over the initial excitement period and might even wonder why i waited in line and canceled work for,

3. ChevolDavis thread starter macrumors member

Glad you understand what I was thinking. I don't have to cancel work or anything so its nothing but time. Not to mention some of the excitement building from this waiting makes this whole process fun.

Funny, as I type this new iphone commercial just came on to taunt me :rolleyes:

If ATT didn't change their site, thus disabling the tools we all were using to see what place we were, I don't think I would be contemplating this.

4. Grock900 macrumors newbie

lol acutally my apple store near me has it, so i might get someone to go buy it for me, i know mine is back ordered so i might get one tommorrow, you can cancel the df after you buy one from apple right? yeah i wish they had the order thing up on the att website too.

5. ChevolDavis thread starter macrumors member

Yes, from everything I have read you CAN cancel the DF, once it comes in tho...

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If you are like me, you will get it as soon as humanly possible

I am going to have my first set of free time at 4pm on Friday for the first time in 1 month and plan on immediately getting it afterwards if any stores stay open

7. cooldaddybeck macrumors member

I did both, where is that option in the poll?

:)

8. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Ok. Question.

I ordered mine on the 21st (took a while to convince the lady) and mine has a 21 day ship time. SO... Theoretically... if its possible to cancel the iPhone order at the AT&T store in 18+ days when it arrives, is it possible for me to swing by an Apple Store this morning and pick up an iPhone for the same $199 price (while the other is on DF hold)? Or will I have to shell out the full price at Apple?

9. Grock900 macrumors newbie

no, i don't think you'll have to pay full price at the apple store, i missed getting one today btw

10. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Go to the Apple store and try to get one. This DF crap is ********.

11. ChevolDavis thread starter macrumors member

Ok everybody, went to the Apple store today and waited in line for about an hour and a half and walked out with 2 brand new 8GB iphones :D

Now all I have to do now is wait for my DF to come in so I can cancel it.

btw got to pay 199 for each so even though I had 2 on DF I was still able to get 2 at that price. I am so glad I went to the Apple store and said FU AT&T. I had mine on DF since 7/18 so I waited as long as I could stand to.:p

12. Grock900 macrumors newbie

wow awesome, i really hope my store gets a shipment tonight

13. Grock900 macrumors newbie

location?

btw where did you buy it, cuz i want to know if i should wait in line at my store an hour and a half