Should I wait for the next revision of the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skye12, Nov 22, 2008.

  1. skye12 macrumors 65816

    skye12

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Location:
    Austin, Tx
    #1
    I hope its this summer. The next revision is really going to be good.
     
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    *facepalm*

    Of course it will be this summer. It's your decision to wait seven months.

    No, it won't have 4G yet. It'll be exactly the same as the iPhone 3G, but in 16, 32, and 64GB models.
     
  3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

    nickspohn

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2007
    #3
    I doubt it will have 64GB. It still will be 3G. Maybe a new design. A better camera? Maybe a front facing camera? Maybe a toaster?
     
  4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

    sergiuria

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    Location:
    Near a bunch of T-Rex
  5. interesting macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    #5
    Yes you should wait. And while you're at it just delay getting that winter coat because spring is just around the corner. Also, nevermind that blu-ray purchase because SUPER blu-ray will be here in the next five years, so.. you know...just sayin.

    Like the iPhone? buy it.
    7 months is an entire product cycle. When the next one comes out will you contemplate waiting another cycle for whatever is next? geez.
     
  6. skye12 thread starter macrumors 65816

    skye12

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Location:
    Austin, Tx
    #6
    Thanks. You convinced me waiting until summer is the way to go.
     
  7. jlwillia macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    #8
    I don't understand people

    I don't understand why everyone insults others for asking this question. It's a legitimate question. Not everyone can afford to upgrade to a new iPhone when it comes out. The OP (and many other people) would just like other people's opinion on whether it is worth it to wait or not.

    My thoughts: I don't have an iPhone. I'm in the exact same situation as you are in. I'll probably wait until January to see if a capacity boost comes. I'm hoping for a 32 GB for the price of the current 16 GB.
     
  8. Indy21 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    #9
    Add me to that same boat. :D
     
  9. icedmocha macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    #10
    This is what I am doing. I am also picking up some OT to pay for it
     
  10. Indy21 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
  11. MatLane macrumors 6502a

    MatLane

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Location:
    England, United Kingdom
    #12
    Up to you really..

    If you needs a phone now go for it!
     
  12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

    ntrigue

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    #13
    There's a NEXT iPhone? Please indulge us and post the spec sheet. Thank you!

    :sarcasm:
     
  13. Aephel macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2008
    Location:
    CA
    #14
    No it won't be really good, it will just add more features that makes it easier for you to buy stuff and more incentives for you to buy stuff from Apple. Thats all the updates are for, it doesn't address any of the other issues oh let say text forward, mms, landscape email/text. I don't even want to get into copy and paste. If they haven't done it by now it will never be done. Just update now unless your phone is JB.
     
  14. kas23 macrumors 603

    kas23

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    #15
    +1
     
  15. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #16
    Well, in this case, because I felt like my time was wasted reading the first post. Essentially "Buy now or wait". Based on the subject, I was expecting to see if any thought had gone into the question, perhaps the original poster thought they had some insight on some need that isn't currently addressed, or checking the price point or...anything. But no. "Buy now or wait".

    Even your thoughts added to the discussion. You apparently want more storage than is currently available. I personally don't expect 32 GB even offered, but I have no basis for my expectation other than the mostly incremental updates Apple has been doing. I've got the original iPhone, and don't really plan on upgrading for at least a couple more years.

    I didn't even want to bother gathering a list of other threads asking "buy now or wait". Bleh.
     
  16. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
    #17
    i also am going to wait until I can either get a 32gb one for the price of the 16 now, or my first gen breaks
     
  17. Boston135 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    #18
    I'm in the same questionable boat too. I've considered just walking into an ATT store and pick one up, but haven't walked by one yet.

    I'm a little swayed to wait due to the info in the recent posting about the Tennis game and how the iPod Touch has a faster CPU.

    I also want a MacBook since those were just updated and my current PBG4 (2003 12" Rev A.. OLD & SLOW) is really showing it's age.

    According to the buyers guide, there's a wait suggestion because it's getting close to the usual amount of time they're updated it. With everything else going on though, it might not get an update in January. Too many things due to be updated at once.
     
  18. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    #19
    +1 people need to relax.

    To the OP: I have a first gen iPhone I bought last October and was planning on switching to the 3G. I don't like the fact that the processor, camera and thickness is the same as the first gen, so I'm waiting till Summer when they will hopefully release a product that addresses my issues. I'm hoping for at least 1 out of the 3 and I'll be happy, so I'm waiting.

    And there will definitely be a capacity bump before then. I'm thinking Jan/Feb up to 32 gig.
     
  19. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

    JPIndustrie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2008
    Location:
    Queens, NY
  20. ManUtd08 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #21
    I am not going to wait until Jan/Feb for a memory upgrade....that isnt even confirmed just rumor....I am buying my Iphone on tuesday !!
     
  21. heaven macrumors 6502a

    heaven

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2004
    #22
    Good choice! I got my new one a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:
     
  22. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

    Lexoticstylez02

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2007
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #23
    Get it now.. with technology something new will always be around the corner. 7 months is a long time to be waiting if you really want one and have the money for it.
     
  23. efice32 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Location:
    Music City USA
    #24
    if you always delayed buying technology because "there might be something better in a few months"....then you'd never buy anything. There's always something better around the corner. Even if they upgrade it in the summer and it's brand new there will still be something better around the corner. It's essentially your decision. It sounds to me like you want one and you're asking for someone to talk you into it, so just go for it if you have the money. Even if they do update it soon, it won't be the newest model but it'll still be a great phone.
     
  24. ibsheks macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2008
    #25
    Got mine on tuesday!! if u ave d money , buy it.....
     

Share This Page