Should I wait till the 13" Pro/Air refresh, or is this a great deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aooga12, Apr 12, 2013.

1. aooga12 macrumors member

I'm just looking for something along the lines of a base 13 air/pro.
    I sent him an email asking for the condition, pics, boxing/accessories, why being sold.

[​IMG]

2. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

That MBP goes for $1,199.00 new on the Apple store, I would ask if you can buy apple care for it. If you can, than it is a good deal.

But I would ask to have the sale's receipt, because at that price it might be stolen or a scam.

Just my 3 cents

3. aooga12 thread starter macrumors member

See, I don't know about that description the top half seems like what he's selling is the base model 13". Then the bottom paragraphs are just explaining that there are retina models?...

At any rate, I only have $745 isn't applecare like 200? Or can I just get it for a few months at a time?

Yeah, asking for PoP is a good idea too.

Here's what I think it is, i've seen people list apple laptops for really low prices on here and I ask them why so low? They say they won it in a penny auction. :confused:

4. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

If the seller provides you with the POP, you have 1 year from the day of purchase to buy the apple care. But you can't pay a few months at a time.

I don't know what a penny auction is, but if that laptop is the june 2012 model, 800$ is a very good price. Hence the POP.

It can't be retina because it has a HDD instead of a ssd.

----------

At any rates, before you buy, ask to see the goods first

5. aooga12 thread starter macrumors member

A penny auction is like you buy your bids, and if you don't win the item, you don't get your bids back. But usually things go for super cheap compared to an ebay auction. so basically you gotta be lucky spamming bid in the last seconds. That's what I understand of it.

6. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

7. aooga12 thread starter macrumors member

Oh I will, things that are too good to be true I go all out for information :D

8. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

Good because there are a lot of dishonest people selling things on the net.

Good luck