Should iOS 7.1 Have a recycling bin for deleted videos..pictures?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DBZmusicboy01, Feb 6, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Because I accidentally deleted a video I took with the camera. Like minutes after taking it and now it's gone....I mean I believe it should have an option.

-Delete Picture/Video permanently
    or send to recycling bin.

Or an undo....

2. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

That's the reason I like photo stream. I never delete them off there so if I accidentally deleted it from camera roll then I can just add it back. :)

To answer your question, no. They would've implemented it a long time ago if they were going to do that.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

IIRC Photo Stream uploads aren't instant (so there's a period of time after you take a picture, the picture only exists on the phone, so if you delete it, ... it's gone!), and Photo Stream doesn't do videos, so that doesn't help the OP.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I don't have to have it but I wouldn't mind it.

5. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I have to hit "edit" then "select" then "delete" then a confirmation button to delete from the roll. That's 4 steps.

If I'm viewing the video I have to tap the can, then tap a confirmation button to delete. Even that is two steps.

No, I don't think Apple needs to put a safety net under a safety net under a safety net.

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Put a safety net OVER it then? lol :mad:

7. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

It takes a number of actions to delete a video. Delete means delete. Not 'maybe delete and get it back later'. Deleting like this wouldn't actually free up the space either. It's an old computing workflow that will eventually just go away.

8. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

This.

Oh, and a clipboard manager. It would be nice to see ALL the stuff I copy in a single app.