Should Obama resign?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tshrimp, Nov 5, 2012.

1. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

LOL

Giuliani can't even keep his marriages (yes plural) intact let alone lead this country.

I'd take his opinion with a large grain of salt.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You've said it in one. ;)

"No", is the answer to the question which was asked.

As of now, he has a perfectly good mandate, which should last until (at least) next January. And, if that mandate is renewed this week, all the better.......

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You should resign from posting garbage like this.

6. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Did Obama really say what Giuliani is saying?

----------

Sorry I am trying to find out the truth. And asking for others opinions. I guess this makes me a garbage poster.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

If you're looking for truth you might want to look to someone who can tell the difference between their ******* and their elbow.

That's NOT donald trump or rudy giuliani.

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

President Obama said that if he didn't turn things around, he would only have one term. In other words, if he failed, the voters would act. As it stands, the economy is improving, things are vastly better than they were in January, 2009, and the President is asking for a second term.

He NEVER implied that he would resign. (That i know of)

9. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Wow. After what he did during 9-11 how dare you. The people of New York will forever be in his debt. All I was asking is if what he said was true, and to get opinions on the statement.

----------

Thanks ,mcrain. This is the type of response I was hoping for. Anyone see this any different?

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Guiliani handled the aftermath of 9/11 very well, however, if you look at his performance before 9/11 and what he's done since, it is fair to criticize the man for a certain lack of a**/elbow differentiation.

11. Moyank24, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm a New Yorker, and was there on 9-11.

I'm with Zioxide here - when was the last time Rudy G was relevant? And if he was SO popular and SO important, what ever happened to his Presidential run? It's time for him to stop surfing the 9-11 wave. He's a joke.

I'm not sure if you remember, but he wasn't very popular or well liked among New Yorkers on September 10, 2001.

12. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

As someone who was involved in helping get things going I guess I have a different view than some who might not have been, and am quicker to forgive his faults. Can we; however, get back to the topic. Mcrain says Obama did not say it in the way Giuliani says. Anyone disagree or agree.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

from many of your other post I will say you trying to find out the truth is a bunch of bull. It is already crystal clear you are a GOP backer and par them you continue to spread their lies.

Yet you have no problem covering up for Romeny and his lies.

14. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I did not say I was not for the GOP this election. As you state my posts show this. However, I am someone who appreciates the truth. I know you find this hard to believe from someone in the GOP as you have made up your mind that anyone not for Obama is bad and didn't look at the facts.

However, what Rudy said was hard for me to believe, so came here to find out if what he said was accurate as it was hard to find on the web. As you can see I gave mcrain props for his post even though it painted Rudy ( a GOP guy) in a bad light.

So with that said. Do you know if what Rudy is saying is correct or inaccurate?

15. edk99 macrumors 6502a

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

17. mcrain, Nov 5, 2012

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

A lot of Republicans have been using this quote as a reason to elect their candidate, however, Rudy suggesting that a response to a question about TARP, and making progress on the economy, somehow means the President should resign is silly.

What I find really bad about Rudy's comments is that he suggests that the President should resign for not adequately dealing with Sandy. Not even the Romney campaign thinks the Sandy response was lacking.

Nice slight of hand. Christie is doing a great job... but not Obama? Not FEMA?

Shhh... don't tell anyone...

(edit) By that standard, Rudy, your a** should still be in NY at Ground Zero. Last I checked, there were still families that hadn't had their loved ones remains found.

18. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

19. zioxide, Nov 5, 2012

zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

how dare I? lol.

Let's look at the claims in this article:

So Obama should be ashamed of himself for the economy improving? Giuliani claims "unemployment has gone up" while he ignores the 171,000 new jobs added last month and the reason the that number went up .1%. It went up because people who had previously stopped looking for work started again. So, we created 171,000 new jobs, and more people felt encouraged with the economic improvement that they started looking again. That's good in both aspects, so Giuliani's claim here is clearly wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So no, he wasn't even close to the "worse president for the economy".

So if John McCain was President, the GOP in Congress wouldn't have cut $130 million dollars from the embassy security budget?? Doubtful.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/11/02/1128831/new-details-discredit-fox-news-benghazi/

So great, Giuliani did a good job on 9/11.... eleven years ago. But it's clear as day that he has no clue what the **** he is talking about now.

That's beyond bad... that's bat **** insane.

checkmate?

20. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Meaningless rhetoric from both sides of a dishonorable profession.

21. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

It baffles me how people think Obama is a failed president....

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The only people who say that are the ones who wanted him to fail from day one (which is quite un-American) and choose to ignore all of his accomplishments in the face of unprecedented opposition to perpetuate the lie that he's a "failed president".

I can't decide if this is hilarious or disgusting coming from the people who supported George W.

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's disgusting.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Disgusting and extremely un-American.

I didn't like George W. Bush. I wouldn't have voted for him (I was 12/16 in 00/04). But you know what? Once he won, and was inaugurated as President, I respected that. Any true American should respect the office and institution regardless of if your guy won or not. THAT is the American way.

The Republicans stooped to a new low the past four years. You don't have to agree with the man on policy, but he is OUR President, and you have to respect the office. Unfortunately, the republicans completely threw out this respect over the past 4 years and acted like a group of petulant children.