Should the "Apple Product Survivor" threads remain?

Do you want the "Apple Product Survior" to continue

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Don't know about them or don't care

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Simple question for all. Here's the deal, AlpaTech, you convince whoever you can, or arn (he tells me to stop, I'll stop), to vote no, and if it's the majority, the threads will cease. If "yes" or "don't know/don't care" is the majority, they stay, and you stop complaining.

Just for some background, the threads will continue, after the classics are finished, but the round after the classics will be for the next generation of Macs.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i won't be as abrupt as jeremy, but it would seem they're quite annoying to many people. I've just come to ignore them, because to me they seemed like a rip-off of a similar idea, but since there's controvercy, i'll be the first to chime in :D Basically, they annoy me, so they should go. Simple as that. The world would be better if everyone stopped and asked themselves, "Does this annoy paul?" Trust me on this one.

pnw

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
I won't say the same thing as Timaclover but feel like expressing my negative attitude towards these threads.
Get them the hell out of here, they are very annoying.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I don't really care one way or the other. What does it matter if you don't like them, don't go to the thread and post, ignore it. People still come in and manage to submit to the poll. Although I do think its getting a little old. If you had started with less selections and resolved it sooner, it might have held up longer.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I think they get to be a little too much....especially when there's 5 active at one time...

and on the other hand...I can ignore them...

but I do like seeing Alpha open the cans up...he he he ;) :p

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i vote to keep them, because these threads make me think carefully about choosing a computer based on needs and that is a skill which i didn't always use in the past;)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Too many complaints...

Let's stop 'em.... ok?

thanks
arn

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i vote to keep them, because these threads make me think carefully about choosing a computer based on needs and that is a skill which i didn't always use in the past;)
But then we should do it on newly released hardware, because I don't want to be reminded too much of past errors:D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Ha!

I must have been out of it for a while! I hadn't even looked at those threads. Now that I just did, I'll make this comment...

I, too, think the posts are pretty stupid. But instead of raising holy heck over it, I simply disregarded them after glancing at the first. I really don't think they are important enough to get our collective panties in a bunch.

Also, isn't the practice of closing threads based solely on annoyance a pretty bad practice to get into. I mean, some people like them and obviously not everyone considers them noise.

And lets face it: we are still blessed here at MacRumors as far as the amount of junk posts and threads. This forum is light years beyond others in having consistantly engaging topics.

Maybe we are just getting spoiled by it. Lets all learn how to ignore again!

Taft

Status
Not open for further replies.