Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Should there be a "Steve Jobs Day" national holiday?

On the news, they are talking about making October 14 "Steve Jobs Day". In my opinion, this is starting to take things a bit too far. Giving him a national holiday and putting him on an equal platform with men like Christopher Columbus, Martin Luther King and George Washington is bordering on the ridiculous.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
Should there be a "Steve Jobs Day" national holiday?

On the news, they are talking about making October 14 "Steve Jobs Day". In my opinion, this is starting to take things a bit too far. Giving him a national holiday and putting him on an equal platform with men like Christopher Columbus, Martin Luther King and George Washington is bordering on the ridiculous.

Dont believe everything you hear on the news.

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
They will say anything to get you to watch or talk about them (news)

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
If 911 is not a national holiday then SJ definitely wouldn't be. Maybe within Apple...

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Christopher Columbus doesn't even really deserve a holiday. George Washington doesn't have his own, it's shared, and as amazing a man as he was, Martin Luther king did more for this country

So as much as I mourn his death and feel he was an amazing human being, I agree giving him a holiday is taking it too far. I don't think Steve would have wanted that anyway

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
He'll perhaps get a Google Doodle every year. But not a national holiday.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
If I get a paid day off, then yes! In fact, let's have a paid national holiday for every CEO in America and get every day off!

Um...:rolleyes:

Tony

Zeonmx

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
People who suggests this kind of retarded proposal is the reason why I wish stupidity was a crime.

Seriously, WTF?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.