Should we expect to see iPhone 1.0 buyers shopping our lines on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KauaiBruce, Jul 9, 2008.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am wondering how many people will be showing up to try to buy old phones from people upgrading on Friday?

I found a shopper on craigslist who wants a phone and she is meeting me while I wait in line so I can show her the old one works. I have told her she can have the old one when I walk out of the store with a new one.

I do not want to give it earlier since I am not quite sure if a data wipe totally zeroes it down to no association with the phone number anymore.

Of course if she does not show I expect there may be others shopping the line.

One advantage I have being in the final timezone in the world where there is an actual AT&T store is that I will probably be able to get 2.0 installed at a reasonable time on Thursday. I will be able to play games in line. There also should be a lot of time to checkout decent pictures to make that final Black vs. White choice.

(just checked with my world clock. It is Wednesday 8:07AM in Hawaii and Thursday 6:07AM in New Zealand)

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The whole data-wipe would be why I will be personally avoiding this. Until the 2.0 software arrives with the more secure wipe, I'm holding on to mine.

If Apple releases 2.0 before I go get in line though, I may consider.