Should you buy a Macbook Pro in the USA before VAT taxes are implemented?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jjahshik32, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I know the VAT taxes are going to make it here soon as the national debt is way too high and the Feds printing way too much money without showing the books.

Also china, brazil, russia, India is dumping the dollar like there is no tomorrow buying up gold, silver and other commodities and assets.

So do you think Apple will charge the United States VAT taxes since all the apple products ship from China? I think so.

2. bobsaget611 macrumors member

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

You have no idea whats going on in the United States do you?

I bet you believe in the green shoots. :rolleyes:

Unemployment rate is at 16-17% and increasing.

Just dont be surprised when VAT taxes come. 17%-20% VAT tax on top of sales tax.

I wonder if Apple set their prices lower for that very reason. They know a VAT tax is coming very soon. Because if you add around 17.5% VAT taxes its close to what we were paying before the price changes.

4. lag1090 macrumors 6502

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, national unemployment is currently at 9.1%. A simple Googling produces this result.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds...loyment_rate&tdim=true&q=us+unemployment+rate

Do you honestly think that you have any idea what is going on in the US?

Please, do us a favor. Stop spewing lies and rhetoric.

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Lol and you believe that from the government? Its a joke. They dont include the people who quit looking for unemployment benefits, baby boomers, part time workers looking for full time jobs, college graduates, etc..

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2009/06/05-0

Plus California is already bankrupt along with 10-12 more states on the verge of it as well.

Dont believe everything you see on CNN, CNBC, Fox and other news that broadcasts what they want you to hear.

Were heading towards the greatest depression in America.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

actually I was reading about VAT in the US, and honestly, we might need it. Its something we should look at.

But that said, I wouldn't factor it into my Apple buying purchases, it would be a while before it was enacted.(I'd bet we'd see it go through the process, and even then it I'd imagine it be like raising minimum wage, we'd get "on X date" VAT will be add to things.

Basically you're in the clear for a while

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I know its coming forsure, United States is broke, 70% of our GDP is consumption.

Even Obama said in a speech that were broke thats why the Feds are printing money out of thin air trillions of dollars worth. And now their buying up their own treasuries and bonds. Thats the final stage before hyperinflation sets in.

Every civilization that prints more money than they have in reserves (not to mention the huge derivatives from the banks in loans, mortgages, student loans) for the past decades (ever since we got off the gold standard) were screwed.

Anyway, I know computers is the last thing we need if such things happen but looking on the bright side if things some how magically get better and if only if the tooth fairy saves us I'm thinking about buying a macbook pro soon before the VAT taxes.

It will have VAT on apple products especially notebooks as their all imported into the US from China.

8. lag1090 macrumors 6502

I will begin by stating that taxation is usually an economically regressive move. While it is a necessary measure to fund government activities, the institution of taxes generally does not stimulate the economy.

As such, imposing VAT in addition to sales tax will just deplete the available funds of workers across the nation, further worsening our economic outlook. On the other hand, replacing sales tax with VAT is an interesting idea. However, it is much more likely that such changes would be made after conditions improve.

There is a good reason why such information is not included in the unemployment rating. It is a defined set of data that contribute to the rate.

As defined by the International Labor Organization (whose standards the Bureau of Labor Statistics follows):

http://laborsta.ilo.org/applv8/data/c3e.html

The unemployment rate is different than the total impact of economic downturn on the workforce. It is only a measure of those criteria.

As you can see, bankruptcy appears to have a smaller effect than you would expect in some aspects.

We've already experienced the greatest depression in America. You might have heard of it. It's called the Great Depression for a reason, you know.

As of right now, we are not in a full-blown depression. The economy is currently in the recession phase. I'm not saying the situation is not bad, I'm merely stating that it does not meet the criteria of being classified as a depression.

According to Wikipedia:

"Definition of depression includes two general rules: 1) a decline in real GDP exceeding 10%, and 2) a recession lasting 3 or more years."

Since the recession officially began in December 2007, a mere 19 months ago, and annual GDP decline over the past year is estimated at around 6%, it is clear that the US is not quite yet in a depression.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-gdp-revised-to-57-decline-in-first-quarter

Can't believe those networks, but MSN Money is a-OK? What makes them exempt from any possible media deception?

9. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Hey I tried to warn you guys and its ok I'm prepared for hyperinflation. When the us dollar your holding becomes worthless after a banking holiday later this year, dont blame anyone but yourself when you starve to death.

Try investigating on Argentina, Weimar Germany, Zimbabwe, Iceland, were going to meet the same fate.

China wont lend us any more money its only a matter of 6 months to a year until hyperinflation. Our us dollars are going to be worthless.

I'm sure you know as well that the federal reserve is the problem in our government

Ever since 1971 when we got off the gold standard, thats when inflation started.

Everyone knows that the government causes inflation and thats just a secret tax on the people.

The 1 dollar bill now is worth 2 cents from 30 years ago.

I hope you also know that in our constitution and by supreme court ruling, the american people are not obligated to pay income taxes as well. But the IRS thugs makes us so we do so we wont go to jail.

Anyways I find it very interesting that not many people are not awake yet. Do some research on whats really going on in the United States. Because when hyperinflation and the collapse of the dollar comes sometime next year, you wont go into shock when you realize you have lost everything.

As for the great depression, back then GM motors wasnt bankrupt, we actually had factories and the worlds largest manufacturer of many goods and automobiles and had a surplus savings which got us out of the depression. But now in America were called a service economy (which doesnt work btw) with a national debt of almost 15 trillion and probably nearly 20 trillion dollars by the end of this year as well as over 500 trillion dollar debt in derivatives in credit.

Our cpi index is a joke our government doesnt even consider food and energy in the index as well as we dont manufacture anything. While our fake GDP is 70% consumption we only grow corn, soy beans and beef and thats it.

Just look in your house and see where everything is made from. I bet you its 80% china and rest from India, Japan, South Korea. Also it was due to the feds intervening that caused the problems as well.

Also they didnt print money back then, but we are printing up trillions of dollars and billions of dollars per week, day I would even say to pay the chines and the rest of the world the interest we owe them from borrowing trillions.

Its simple really if you look into every civilization, when you start printing money out of thin air your money becomes worthless. Its a fact, it has happened countless time and the United States is about to default on the dollar as well.

This is going to be the greatest depression anyone has ever seen.

10. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It's all planned out anyway. We're paving our way to the Amero. :cool:

Frankly, in all seriousness I would welcome a North American Union to go against the EU.

11. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I wouldnt because we wouldnt be going up against the EU. We would be part of them as a one world government, the new world order.

The elites plans are to get rid of physical money all together and its easier if they make a one world government.

Those RFID chips will be implemented on everyone and it will contain your digital money, personal info and will be kept track of.

Everything you buy, your health records will be tracked and if you go against the government they can turn off your rfid chip and your cast away from society.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Define "very soon".

13. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

ok, I think you're a little over the top, but woe is us, I don't think you're that far off base.

Yes, we are in for inflation, yes, countries are (and increasingly will) run from the dollar, yes, the Fed is printing a lot of money and we're not going to reign in M1 without some serious hurt.

And I think you're correct that taxes are going to go up, and it won't just be for the top 5% :rolleyes:

I don't think Apple gives one hoot about any of this, however, not as far as their pricing goes.

But since you're sure the dollar is over within the calendar year, tell us, what currencies and commodities should I invest my daughter's 529 in?

14. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I would have to say judging by the way, China and the rest of the world has stopped buying our bonds and issuing our needed credit, US borrows 3 billion a day to run our economy, about 12 or more states now are on the verge of collapse following california, and the state I'm in right now Texas has talks about secession sometime in the near future, I'd say sometime later this year possibly or early next year.

The economy will look a little better in the next couple of months due to the feds pumping in trillions of dollars they created out of thin air or punched in their computers into the market but once the bond bubble bursts it'll take the whole system and economy out.

One interesting thing is that there are economists say that the dow jones and s&p 500 could sky rocket to 20,000 points or more but our dollar will become worthless.

15. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

You should follow up on what Gerald Celente, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Max Keiser, Jim Rogers, Marc Faber saids buy commodities.

Buy gold and silver it'll be the safe haven. When the dollar collapses a new barter system would emerge with silver and gold coins again.

Get out of the us bonds, cds, stock market.

Its interesting Max Keiser has worked at the stock market for 25 years and not too sure what program he wrote that they use today but anyways he saids that usually the managers, ceos all get the big profits while the small crumbs gets thrown to the share holders. Basically they'll take bonuses and gamble more with your profits and let you reap a little. The house always win basically.

Jim Rogers even moved out of the usa 2 years ago and he and marc faber saids the US will 100% see hyperinflation like zimbabwe style.

Jim Rogers saids Asia is the new super power and it has started since 2007. Asian stock markets will do much better and the turn of the century is here. 1807 it was europe, 1907 it was america and now 2007 its Asia.

Pretty much were going to see a similar out look as to the collapse of the soviet union. You know were not so different than soviet union.

The states will break and have its own sovereignty. California is already the beginning of being screwed.

If you value your daughter and your family I urge you to buy some precious metals. At least get hedged for this massive inflation waiting for us. I mean zimbabwe didnt even nearly print as much as we did (even though it is smaller state than the whole united states) but a loaf of bread there costs something like 200 trillion dollars I believe.

Look at argentina... my god they lived better than we did and was wealthier, now their in the streets due to bank of america, jp morgan, citi bank bankrupted their country.

Check out a documentary recently released by the argentinian government. Its shocking I had no idea! Wow thats how great main media is here in the united states, where what Britney spears does is important. I've woken up already and all that crap is useless.

Television is useless, all the news stations lie to you. They dont even cover what is really important in this world. I think their not allowed to as all the major corporations own them anyways so the news anchors always have to follow what the masters say or else they'll get fired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6_i8zuffs&feature=PlayList&p=C46D4D71A019C91E&index=0

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

You do know if the dollar collospse the entire world is going to go with it.

over 70% of all comerinse in the world is done in dollars.

Also you forget that only 30% of all the dollars out there on in the US. The rest is all over the world.

Lastly you can not take out the number 1 economy in the world and not expect everyone else to fall down as well.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Duly noted.

18. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

This is the misconception we have.

The world might suffer a little bit but most of them have huge amounts of surpluses and have alot of factories for work and can probably start doing business with each other.

Peter Schiff (you should read his book crash proof amazing detailed book about our foundations are the problem) saids that if the rest of the world dumps the dollar they'll be fine. Because they can do their business with each other and exclude the us and not accept our money anymore since china has something like 2.1 trillion in reserves and assets already thats devaluing everyday, russia already dumped it and went to the ruble, south korea and japan each has something like 600-700 billion dollars in bonds.

Actually the us dollar is making china's yuan weaker as they have to ship to us since we consume so much. If they drop our dollar their yuan will suddenly get much more valuable and they can do business with other rich resourced countries. China is already buying up tons of gold for reserve (they increased from 403 tonnes of gold 5 years ago to 1050 tonnes and latest news saids they bought another 1000 tonnes, same as russia and brazil.

They'll continue to use the yuan and do business with brazil, Venezuela, and now the chinese people will get more oil because the united states consumes 50% of the worlds reserves alone and now that'll get evenly distributed to asia and more chinese people that saved their money will have more purchasing power and instead of riding bicycles they can afford to buy a car. Cheaper gas prices as well there.

Finally the rest of the world is flooded with trillions of us dollars and we've printed up trillions at home too. What are you talking about? We in the last year printed up something like 6-8 trillion dollars to bail out all the banks. You sir have no freaking clue whats going on.

Even the Feds wont show their balance sheet, what do you think H.R. 1207 is all about to audit the fed which has now 209 co signers from Ron Paul.

The fed saids their above the constitution and congress. That is seriously messed up. Wake up man do some research.

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Sources please(not saying true or false, we just need sources)

You're view of the world seems to be that America is just taking things in..you know we send out goods too right?

Also you're argument is that "trade will go on" if the dollar fails...of course, but to what amount and when? We don't know. What will replace it? We don't know.

We do know the world isn't going to just ignore America, even if the dollar falls. We offer to much(as is true with many countries.)

(You're posts are build on massive assumptions, that jump from one wild claim to another, slow down. )

20. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Well for one thing.

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/blog/eyeonasia/archives/2009/05/it_is_just_the.html

Sorry I"m on a crappy netbook right now.

Just google about china, brazil and what their doing and especially russia. There are many MANY articles out there also Gerald Celente he's been accurately forecasting looking at current events to see where its going to. Very interesting, he's called on the dotcom burst and the housing as well.

As for housing its not over yet, it needs to deflate 50% more were going to see dirt cheap houses by next year.

Basically Gerald Celente saids that 2008 was the panic of 08 (he already predicted it couple years ago) and 2009 is the collapse of the retail and advertisement industry after the housing.

He also saids people will realize by this christmas that they wont be buying gifts but rather food.

The real unemployment right now is 17% government lies.

They've been quietly buying up many other commodities and assets slowly getting rid of their us dollars. They know they have to hedge against inflation when the us dollar collapses, their not stupid.

Even tiny tim went to china to assure the chinese their us dollars are safe but then they laughed at him. Their not stupid they know whats going on. People in the United States most of them are ignorant have no clue.

I also find it scary that last year the usd index went all the way down to the low 70's then the bailout happened and it went up as high as 87 points and now it dipped back to the 78 and then we had the treasury auctions early this week and rose back to the 80s now.

Were having trouble staying at the 80 point level. It continues to fall. When our currency was strong it was at 120.

21. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Good lord, I don't think I've ever seen such paranoid ramblings. Which right wingnut are you getting your disinformation from?

22. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Not really, we ship what beef to Korea and some soy beans to other countries I suppose. But most major corporation which makes up the GDP has gone outsourcing.

All the factories are built in china, walmart is closing down big retailers here as well, macy is about to go bankrupt, the already bankrupt kmart is going to go away, sears is going to go bankrupt later this year have you noticed lately when you drive around there are alot of for sale, for rent,new leasing signs? Its only going to get much worse towards the end of this year. Whos going to come in those spots? No one. GM and chrysler just went bankrupt too.

Middle class wages are now walmart.

Almost everything is imported into the United States, I have no idea what your talking about.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124458888993599879.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/11/business/economy/11econ.html?hp

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=akkJQ6S8Scws

http://jimrogers-investments.blogspot.com/

http://www.theinternationalforecaster.com/

http://www.youtube.com/geraldcelentechannel

http://www.maxkeiser1.blogspot.com/

http://marcfaberblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.europac.net/ check out the articles that he sites on this site daily.

http://www.peterschiff.tk/

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2009/06/05-0

http://www.trendsresearch.com/

23. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I'm not a republican nor democrat, I just follow the constitution thats all.

Republicans and Democrats are the same thing, obama's agenda is exactly the same as bush just way more spending. Who do you think finances those two candidates? Every position that obama chooses are the same thing as bush, Reagan, senior bush, clinton, etc.. all CFR and trilateral commissioners and bilderberg group members. The same corporations thats taken over our government of course.

It doesnt matter who wins the feds, bankers, elitists (bilderberg group) controls everything.

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I suggest you look that up....you're make huge and bold suggestions on the fall of American without knowing the facts

Take a read
    http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

So there are no factories outside of China?

I'd be interested in seeing data that says Walmart is closing, en mass, all over America

Evidence to back that up? And honestly, those are two only companies. While sad, its part of our current recession, but that doesn't mean American is collapsing

anecdotal evidence, proving none of your claims

Remember how I was talking about those big claims based off no real evidence? This is one of those

Yes, they did...and they are changing their business strategies to reform out of that as strong companies.

What does that even mean? middle class wages are being payed in walmarts?

Many thing are imported, thats a global economy. That doesn't mean that we don't product anything, and for sure doesn't mean the US is falling apart

Replace "your" with "I'm" and I'd full agree!

25. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

OMG thats it?? Thats all we trade??!? Thats nothing for the amount of debt we have in derivatives.

More than 500 trillion dollars in derivatives doesnt cover that.

70% of our current supposedly 14-15 trillion dollar gdp is consumption.

We consume WAYYY more than what we produce.

The problem is that all the other countries import to the United States, were the fat child in the group. When they stop exporting to the United States since we only borrow money from them as we pay them in our useless money, and they stopped taking the USD now the other countries will trade with each other excluding the United States.

Then we would have very little imports and we need to survive with domestic products.. uhh what domestic products?

Did you know in the CPI index the government doesnt include food or energy figures?

Also did you know that if we sell 1 computer next year that is 3x faster than the previous year, it will be counted as 3x sale in the gdp? Its all in peter schiff's book you should give it a read, crash proof.

The feds been bailing out our economy all this time and basically we ran a HUGE deficit. First it was the dotcom bubble, then the housing bubble (people thought they could retire on buying a home with sub prime mortgage even with fixed rate mortgages are screwed when the government finally raise the interest rates after printing trillions of dollars and monetizing that amount) and now the bond bubble. When the bond bubble burst it'll take the whole system along with it.

Were going to see hyperinflation. Wait until China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, Brazil spend all their usd and it floods back into the United States. Every civillization collapsed due to paper money because they print too much of it and were no exception.

What were too big to fail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.