Shure SE310 headphones. To buy, or not to buy.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hierobryan, Nov 25, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I demoed the SE210 and thought it was too bassy with not enough instrument separation, ie "muddy". Does the SE310 sound better? How much better? I would go for the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 but I want to like the Shures because of the fit.

I own: Grado SR-60 & SR-325i, Sony v6, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3, and AKG K271 headphones...so if you could compare the sounds to what I own I'll be your best friend forever.

2. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the non-replies everyone!

I bought them. Mids & highs are good, but the bass is somewhat lacking. Bass doesn't seem to extend as deep as the 325i or v6. Not quite a :D ... more like a :cool:. I'll keep 'em.

3. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

I currently have a pair of Sony EX-71's and later tried Shure e4c's.

Very much chalk and cheese, but the bass is lacking on the Shure's unless I use the foam pieces for some reason.

I'd love to try more earphones as I'd like something close to the Shures accuracy but with a little more bass. Any suggestions?

4. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hear the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 or Triple.Fi have "better" bass than Shures. I'm not sure because I haven't tried any of those. Check out www.head-fi.org forums for help.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Great headphones but best of luck with Shure's crappy cables. Keep you receipt handy - you'll need it for warranty repairs.

6. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Actually, a good choice nowadays is the Audio Technica ATH-CK7, which is selling for US$70.91 on Amazon.com:

http://tinyurl.com/6yyhxe

I've heard this model and it is a surprisingly excellent in-ear headphone, with clear bass and clear treble, not a mean achievement for a non-balanced armature in-ear headphone.