Sick and violent CEO

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 63dot, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here's a video that purports to show Des Hague in the elevator ...

I'm actually of two minds on this issue.

While I'd be quite happy to see him charged with animal cruelty and have him lose the privilege of care-taking animals. Not everyone has the compassion or patience to do it properly, and it would appear that he is one person who lacks those qualities.

I am however, not sure why he should lose his job as CEO.

The two sound unconnected to me.

3. samiwas macrumors 65816

As much as I am not a CEO worshipper, like many around here, really this is a sick and twisted person who happens to be a CEO.

That being said, I'd love to see him lose his job over this.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Since he's the head and public face of a large corporation, he very well might. For all the perks, the biggest downside of being a CEO is that anything heinous you do in your private life instantly reflects upon the company you run the moment it appears in the public eye.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If they start losing revenue because people don't want to do business with 'that guy that kicks his dog' then the two suddenly become very much connected.

This pretty much applies to anyone that is in a public facing position whether it's the CEO of a large corporation, a professional athlete, a politician or a local newscaster.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Seems like the matter is handled, but dude clearly has serious issues and shouldn't be allowed to own any pets. I'd check his kids and wife as well if he has any.

Animal abusers are people abusers.

http://www.news1130.com/2014/08/27/...n-following-dog-kicking-video/comment-page-5/

7. 63dot, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It is sad to see somebody treat a dog that way. The owner has a choice, the dog does not. Frankly there is a proportion of CEO's that score atypically low for empathy, and I do wonder....

In any case, he should be taken to court if his actions were illegal. I don't care about the punishment the company enacted. I mean, seriously, what was the company thinking? 'Let's put an animal abuser in an organisation that cares for vulnerable animals'???? Looks to me like he might be an ideal candidate for the ALF...

9. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I don't like dogs. They crap on my lawn all the time.:mad: But that's besides the point. Kicking a dog, that's just evil.:mad::mad:

Kick a cat and I might let it slide, since cats are jerks and probably deserves a good kicking.:p But dogs, they are the epitome of loyalty. Kicking a dog would be 22 on the Evil Scale. Knock it up to 23 if it's your own dog.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No way! My cats are lovable idiots, and far from being jerk animals. I'd feel bad kicking them.

...well, I do kick one a lot, but it's always by accident. He has this bad habit of running in front of people's feet, then stopping suddenly because he wants to get their attention. I think he does it because he knows he gets a good petting every time he gets kicked. Damn masochist.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Are we sure this isn't getting blown a little bit out of proportion?

Not to excuse animal cruelty, but the dog didn't actually suffer any injuries.

Every day a couple million pigs, chickens, cows, etc. are put to death under conditions that are frequently nightmarish. Some of whose flesh has probably been eaten by some of the same people who signed the "Fire this Jerk!" petition.

No: People shouldn't kick dogs, or jerk their leashes. But pet owners do these things, and more often than you might think. (I'm not a pet owner myself, being allergic to their fur.)

The difference in this case is that the owner happened to get caught on surveillance camera.

12. FreemanW macrumors 6502

This guy is the Poster Child for CEO sociopaths/psychopaths.

His behavior forces the question, are there more bodies in his past?

Literally, he is capable (as demonstrated by his behavior) of injuring or killing.

13. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I don't know that the only concern would be a man attacking a dog (without injuries) in an elevator. It could be argued that he's a bad man, sociopath, violent, etc and that maybe he's not the best choice for a CEO. Would he treat people that way? Does he lack compassion and would this affect the company in a downturn? Would he be willing to let more people go in order to maximize profits without having any empathy for the employees in his organization.

I think the video shows a window into who this person is and how he may be unsuitable for a CEO, not an isolated one time incident as some suggest and that we are tying this into him having other bad traits that may not exist.

Anyway it will be interesting to see what the company does now that this video is viral and the outrage has spread past just Canada.

14. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Des Hague, CEO of Centerplate resigns!

http://money.msn.com/investing/post...ting-caught-on-video?gt1=33002&ocid=ansmony11

There were fears from many boycotting Centerplate products, including me (and many sports fans) who would never go to a Niners/Giants game due to Centerplate's partnership if Hague was still on board. I think the board took this all in as bad for business and it's unfortunate they didn't outright fire the jerk in the first place. Had they kept Hague and my teams still used Centerplate, then my second favorite pair of teams in the Raiders/A's would go to the top of my list.

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I thought this thread would be about McAfee. You know, that CEO who murdered a human being.