Sick of Airport. At my wits end.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thewhitehart, Apr 5, 2007.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I may have to ditch my intel imac core duo and get a G5. I thought the second airport update for 2007 would fix my problems once and for all. It seemed to be effective, but alas, my airport is disappearing again. No networks are found, and the computer requires a reset. I can't just shut airport off and then on again; no networks show up.

I've tried every solution, and I thought this problem would go away with 10.4.9. It hasn't. 10.4.7 never had these problems. Only with 10.4.8 did it start, and I've already archived and installed from 10.4.3 and downloaded each update individually. My power pc ibook never has airport problems.

Has anyone had this problem, and found a permanent solution? My mac is becoming useless as I have to reset it so frequently. Using ethernet is not an option, unfortunately.

2. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

i don't think there is a permanent soulition. I had similer problems and i bought my mac into the apple store...they replaced my airport card and that seemed to calm down the problem....9 times out of 10 the airport card is loose in the computer and just needs to pushed back in !

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know if you're looking for advice or not but if so, which solutions have you tried?

4. robPOD macrumors 6502

5. thewhitehart thread starter macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Sorry. I should've provided a link. I tried all the solutions on this page, and the on the Apple Discussion Boards. I've tried the Apple recommended solution of deleting WPA2 networks and sticking mine at the top of the preference list. I tried all variables I could think of.

I know other people here have had this problem, I'm just wondering if people are continuing to have this problem with 10.4.9 and following the 2nd airport update for 2007.

It's my only ongoing mac problem, so I can't really complain compared to the problems I've had under Windows. But it is really annoying to have to reset the computer to find airport networks again. It goes completely gray in the menu bar after it loses the connection, and no networks are available without a reset. I've disconnected other nodes on the router to see if there was any interference, too.

Funny, after the airport menu item goes gray, the mac hangs indefinitely if I try to log out or shut down. Everything disappears, and it hangs at the wallpaper. I have to cut the power to reset.

6. daze macrumors 6502

daze

7. Angrist macrumors 6502

That sounds like the card is dead. My original Airport card (802.11b) did the same thing ... since i swapped the card everything has been fine for 2 years.

8. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

A friend had a similar problem with his Macbook (black). Zapping the PRAM fixed it.