sick of Rendering all my videos in FCE. What setting do i need for my videos?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tineywiny, Mar 4, 2009.

1. tineywiny macrumors newbie

Im in dire need for help. Im new to mac and final cut. Im trying to find out how to set up the proper setting for my videos so i dont waste a day of rendering all my videos. I have read and read and read for hours but still cant figure it out! I want to get rid of that stupid red line. I now HATE the color red.

these are my setting for my videos in quicktime from my digital camera
    Format: H. 264, 640x480
    16 bit intger, mono 44.100 khz
    FPS. 30

My Mac specs are OSX 10.5.6
    Processor 2.53 Ghz intel core 2 duo
    Memory 4 GB

if someone cant point me in the right direction so I can figure this out I will be forever at your beck and call

2. likeavaliant macrumors regular

How long are the videos that you are working with?

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

What are your project settings? Do they match your source video?

4. -DH macrumors 65816

H.264 isn't really meant for editing - it was designed more as a final delivery format. At any rate, it doesn't work natively in FCE which, as you have discovered, is why you need to render every time.

To reduce the need to render, convert the H.264 files to a codec that FCE works with natively BEFORE you import them into your FCE project. You should be able to convert them with QuickTime Pro or MPEG Streamclip.

-DH

5. tineywiny thread starter macrumors newbie

The videos are from my cannon power shot. Its a bunch of little short segment videos from 12 secs to 2 mins that I want to put together to make a short 5 min movie.
    In reference to huntercr im trying to figure out how to set up my project settings so it can match my video source so I wont have to render my video

DH so what ur telling me theres no hope for my videos from my cannon. well at least i found out the problem so I can formulate a solution, which is converting all 25 small video clips to a format FCE can read :( can you point me in the direction of a thread of how to convert it with quicktime pro?

6. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

converting the files with quicktime pro is more than easy. You open your video with quicktime, go to archive, and then export, and do the right settings (I suspect the "quicktime" movie setting will do)

7. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

Or mpeg Streamclip

if you don't want to pay for QTPro... I'd recommend dropping the files one at a time on mpeg Streamclips drop field and export to other formats... options... settings... compression type and choosing Apple ProRes; FC just thinks that format is yummy, no rendering needed!

nf

8. tineywiny thread starter macrumors newbie

yeaaah. thanks guys for your help! now im on my way to making my short movie clips

9. xStep macrumors 68000

Experiment before converting them all.

When I've had this issue, I've converted my still camera videos to DV and set the audio to 48Khz I believe. (one day I'll write that down somewhere)