Sicko

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

rotten tomatoes

[url="http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/14706803/review/15039821/sicko?source=movie_reviews_rssfeed]rolling stone[/url]

This film looks like its on its way to becoming another blockbuster. Moore, on Letterman, describes the film as comedy about people without health care.

There is a point in the the movie where he takes 9/11 rescue workers, who are sick, to the Guantanemo Bay Detention Facility to get treatment because the detainees there get such good healthcare.

Whatever feelings you have for Michael Moore, this film may be worth a look - even if its a matinee.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I don't like him as a human being. Odds are he's going to die of cancer or a heart attack due to his obesity but this movie sounds like it's going to be a good one.

It's going to be another year and a half before Congress and the WH even begin to deal with the issue. How many more people have to die or be driven to bankruptcy?

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Health care in this country is despicable. My favorite was when I had to get a root canal and crown. It took three weeks (with appointments) and I paid over $1000 out of my own pocket with insurance. You can't tell me we're doing a good job with health care. I mean come on, how are people without insurance dealing with this? I saw the actual bills and they were frightening.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Not a fan of Moore's previous work, but the fact that he's toned it down because he wants to create more light than heat (for once) makes me want to give Siko a chance.

Oh, and my health insurance has increased 50% over the past 18 months even though I've never used it (beyond 'script seasonal allergy meds), my coverage has gone down, and my dental insurance is so ghetto it only covers one tooth cleaning every 12 months.

Lethal

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.