Side-By-Side Comparison: Steve Jobs and Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacBytes, Jan 16, 2009.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I found that quite interesting actually. Especially the part where the media can portray such opposite results from similar polls. Didn't feel like it really talked about Steve Jobs all that much, but an interesting read on the economy.

3. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Wow, my two favorite website are actually linked to each other! Macrumors.com and Rushlimbaugh.com. I never thought I'd see the day. Nice to see Rush's points on the economy ringing though the Mac world.

4. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Well one obvious difference; Steve Jobs actually has executive experience while The One has zero executive (and almost zero legislative) experience.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What a bunch of revisionist rightwing crap. Still sucking at Reagan's tit almost thirty years on and blaming Obama for the market. Fat man drug-addled idiocy passing for political analysis.

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

He's right, though. We need more Steve Jobs and less Barrack Obamas. :cool:

7. dicklacara macrumors 6502a

dicklacara

I heard the segment live, and thought: what a timely tribute to American capitalism!

Steve Jobs is the epitime of what's right about American business, in spite of all the government hurdles placed in his way.

Steve says that he is a liberal... but what he does is based on conservative business principals:

Return a profit!

Provide customers with the best possible solutions.

Set the bar high.

Work hard and you will excell!

Get the most from your employees.

...and especially: Have fun!

Dick

8. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Aaahhh!!
    I wish I had read the comments before clicking on that link!!
    Now my web broswer has been tainted by Rush Limbaugh! :(
    Not even erasing it from the history has washed away the icky feeling I have now...

9. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

10. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Hmm, I was going to report this comment to the moderator. Then I noticed that YOU ARE A MODERATOR.

11. dicklacara macrumors 6502a

dicklacara

Mmm... if you had done a minimum of research, you would have known that Rush is rather trim from a diet regimen, has rehabilitated himself from prescription drug dependency, and makes good, common, sense in this article.

...too bad there is not such an easy cure for a closed mind!

12. Bob Knob macrumors 6502

Classic, a liberal making personal attacks rather then debating the topic... liberals are the ones that claim all others make the personal/hate-filled attacks.

I see you are a moderator, I will personally email Arn to ask that you be removed.

BTW, I am an independent.

13. jive turkey macrumors 6502

+1. I was about to post the same thing.

Here is the lesson to be learned from this whole economic mess. Elected Democrats stink and elected Republicans stink. Nothing new is being tried. Go back and see what Bush has done since the "crisis" began and what Obama says he is going to do. It has all been tried and has destroyed the economy of countries all over the world. Our friends in Europe know, as they are now getting away from this nonsense.

Oh, and one more thing. . . Vote Libertarian!!!! :D

14. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

And you're defending Rush Limbaugh, the man whose stock in trade is personal attacks...

/weird

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What country do you live in? Who was bringing up things about birth certificates and pastors? Hint: It sure as hell wasn't liberals.

16. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

Let's try again in four years. I like comparing apples to apples. Jobs is an experienced, veteran leader of one of the world's top companies. Obama, though elected to lead one of the world's greatest countries, hasn't actually done much yet. We'll know how to accurately compare them in a few years... :rolleyes:

17. SPUY767 macrumors 68000

SPUY767

In all fairness, those are pretty valid questions. I mean, if a potential president was associated with an anarchist, I'd be kind of worried. Oh, wait.

18. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Obama has a dildo. Jobs, not so much.

[see thread]

19. dicklacara macrumors 6502a

dicklacara

I listen to Rush frequently. While, he occasionally makes comical references to public figures, I don't believe I've ever heard him make a personal attack. Rather, Rush challenges the ideas and policies of the people who espouse them. These are fair game, IMO.

Can you please post a single instance that supports your claim?

TIA

Dick

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

They were strawmen, at best.

21. SPUY767 macrumors 68000

SPUY767

I'm the kind of person who likes to leave peoples' personal lives out of any public arena. Provided that they don't commit any felonies, I don't care if they have six wives and they make dirty videos with them. But having an admitted domestic terrorist, and a pastor who holds nothing but contempt for his country, as close friends brings into question the judgement required to be the President. I do wish Mr. Obama the best, but I don't hold high hopes if he does all the things he said he would do in his campaign.

22. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

• Refers to feminists as "feminazis" and uses various pejoratives to describe members of the environmental movement.
    • Called Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog" (she was 13 at the time).
    • "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
    • "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." to a black caller
    • "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
    • "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
    • Celebrated the death of Jerry Garcia by calling him a "dead doper" and a "dirt bag"
    • "Kerry is cheap. Most gigolos are. I mean — I think it — I think it goes with the, with the definition."
    • "I'm just watching Sen. "Dick Turban"
    • "Liberal talk radio is nothing more than a pimple on the rear end of a pig."
    • "In their hearts and minds and their crotches, they don't have any problem with what Foley did. They've defended it over the — over the years"

Those are some of the most notorious examples of personal attacks on individuals or groups by Limbaugh.

It's fine if he wants to do that. I don't mind myself. Personally, I think the man is a cretin who profits from the ignorance, authoritarianism and stupidity of his listeners.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm sorry but I don't buy into the guilty by association crap.

24. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Really? I think that it is wise to keep such people as far away from political power as possible. The last thing we want is folks who behave like Roman Emperors running a country.

That's kind of comical. The US government is delighted to deal with terrorists when it suits them, Osama bin Laden being a prime example.

And the Reverend Wright stuff is silly. Of course Wright criticizes his country for failing to live up to the moral standards of his religion. That's what preachers do. You can visit any number of conservative churches where the US government is denounced for its attitude towards homosexuality or school prayer or something else. Preachers are supposed to do this. It's their job.

25. Bob Knob macrumors 6502

I wasn't defending anyone, I was pointing out what I see as a classic hypocritical comment... made by a moderator no less. Once you become a Mod your personal view/bias is supposed to take a back seat. If Blue Velvet can't do that then Blue shouldn't be a Mod, simple as that... no matter what the view/bias is.

If some "right-winger" Mod made a comment with a blatant view/bias I would have made the same type of reply.