Sidewalk memorial honors New Jersey cop killer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 15, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/sidewalk-memorial-honors-jersey-cop-killer-231850600.html

a culture of thugs honoring one of their fallen, wow.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not to make light of the horrific event but how did the bad guy without a gun stop the good guy with a gun?

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Welcome to America.

This is what happens when you promote a culture of violence, guns, and ignorance.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

rent-a-cop got caught off guard.

----------

1 low education, no parents involvement, MOST rap music
    2 Hollywood
    3 see 1.

5. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Your all wrong! What happen was. The gun became alive. The gun then told the thug to kill an officer. So this article is wrong. It was the gun that killed the cop. Not the thug. We need to ban all guns in America because soon they will control us. All humans will be out numbered! The guns will march into our hands and force us to pull the trigger on one another! Aaahhhhhhhh!!!

Guns! Guns! Guns! Lets blame the Guns! Get over it. The 2A isn't going anywhere.

[​IMG]

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

People are not criminals until they break the law.

BL.

7. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

That whole "criminals don't follow laws" meme has to be one of the worst ones out there.

8. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Democracy does not work if you don't fight for what you believe is right. The 2A can be amended and hopefully will be one day.

9. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

It's impossible for a criminal to shoot someone without a gun.

----------

No ****. Let's just repeal all laws since criminals obviously don't follow them. :rolleyes:

10. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Amended to what?
    1. then disarm cops & security guards FIRST, this is how this criminal got the gun.
    2 no one here suggested that.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

13. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

My ideal amendment would be:

Ban all guns except for LEO, hunters, farmers, licensed security guards and military.

But at this point, anything would better than the current situation.

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

yes! Give all guns to the authorities.
    Because if history has taught us one eternal truth: governments never missuse their power.
    The people in charge always have only their underlings best interest at heart!

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I wouldn't say ban all guns. I don't take huge amounts of issues with people having one in their house, or concealed carrying a handgun.

My ideal amendment would be:

No, you're not allowed to carry that armed and ready semi-automatic long range rifle you have slung across your back into a grocery store, because it's nigh useless as a weapon for self defense in peacetime, where most acts of violence take place in close quarters completely by surprise, and a handgun would be far preferable in that situation, so quit trying to overcompensate, you jackass.

Oh, and if you want to CCW, you have to take 30 hours of training. Cuz damn, we can't just let anyone have a gun without them knowing how to use the thing. Just letting anyone come off the street and pick one up goes against the idea of a well regulated militia, doesn't it?

16. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

OK. Most other 1st world countries do fine without armed cops most of the time.
    I know, but that's the logic they're usingwhen they say "repeal these laws, criminals don't follow them!" They same is true for literally ALL laws that are violated.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

Fighting to take other peoples rights away has nothing to do with the modern understanding of democracy.
    You might want to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Gl1Md2Fhw

18. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

The military has much, much, much better weapons already.

Are you implying there is power parity right now between the civilian population and the military? One that would somehow be upset if fewer civilians had guns?

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

This is exactly what I am implying.
    In a tyranny-urban-warfare-like situation a heavily armed population like in the US makes a huge difference.

20. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

You can't possibly be serious.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. If we do have another revolution in the US in the next couple of decades, it'll have to be a peaceful, cultural one, where we all hold hands and look nice on TV.

The only hope we have for an armed revolution would be for the military to take up our cause in the matter, and step aside. If they don't, the major brunt of it will be over in about three days, then you'll have a couple of years of failing guerrilla warfare, and domestic terrorism that'll end up doing more damage to the American people than it does the government.

22. Meister, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

Meister Suspended

Meister

Why?
    In a democracy all power comes from the people, not the armed government forces.
    I hope their will never be a armed confrontation like that, but its always good to have the right to be prepared.

----------

That always works really well :D
    Thugs are always very impressed by candle lighting, hippy chanting and hand holding action. :D

23. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

If there was a rebellion in the US, the small number of people with firearms (and yes, the number of households that have firearms has gone down while sheer gun numbers have gone up) would do nothing. I'm sure a lot of people can take on a tank, or a few planes, or maybe a drone or three. And I'm sure that a random citizen will be as well trained as somebody in the military.

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

25. Meister Suspended

Meister

I think you "slightly" overestimate the US military power.
    they havent managed to win a single war since 1946, even against ridiculos, run-down, micro-nations like Iraq or Afghanistan.

In any case, just because you think the US populous would be helpless against their own government doesnt justify taking the individuals right away to excercise their freedom to at least be prepared.