Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thanh Tan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
I can sign in a website by touchid but I cannot sign in Appstore by touchid. I have to enter my password to sign in. What can I do to sign in Appstore by touchid?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I can sign in a website by touchid but I cannot sign in Appstore by touchid. I have to enter my password to sign in. What can I do to sign in Appstore by touchid?
In your Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, is iTunes & App Store enabled?

Thanh Tan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
In your Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, is iTunes & App Store enabled?
I checked the box which use Touch ID for iTunes Store, App Store & Apple Books but I cannot sign in App Store by Touch ID

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I would try turning off Touch ID for the App Store, restart your Mac, and then enable Touch ID for the App Store again to see if that resolves it. In effect, that gives it permission again so maybe that will trigger it to work for you.

Thanh Tan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
I would try turning off Touch ID for the App Store, restart your Mac, and then enable Touch ID for the App Store again to see if that resolves it. In effect, that gives it permission again so maybe that will trigger it to work for you.
I read on Apple’s website that doesn’t say about signing in App Store by Touch ID. Just using Touch ID to purchase apps or books.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.