All Devices Sign in with Apple for old accounts

hiro_hamada

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
Is there a way to convert old accounts that uses my real email and password into "Sign in with Apple" login option? I saw couple apps has updated with Apple sign in feature, but I can't use it because I already have an account there. If I'd click on that, it will create new account, which I don't want.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
I did it with Dropbox and kept the same account. I don’t remember exactly how I did it, but I think I logged out, then when signing back in I just used the Sign In with Apple option. All my stuff was there and it was business as usual.

hiro_hamada

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
I was thinking about switching to SIWA with Dropbox, but for me the main point of SIWA is to hide email address. And in case of Dropbox, if you ever want to share a file with someone, you should give your email address. Or you can probably give them encrypted one, but idk, that would just complicate things. I'd leave it as is on Dropbox.

TimFL1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
It‘s up to the individual app developer to add a migration feature. There‘s little to no incentive to do so so don‘t hold your breath though.

kylew1212

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I am mostly deleting my old accounts and switching where feasible. But it's not always worth it.
My dropbox usage has dwindled to nothing, so I deleted my account. If I begin using dropbox again I will use SIWA exclusively there.
- - Post merged: - -

I wish I could migrate my Movies Anywhere account but.....

seezar

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2018
I am mostly deleting my old accounts and switching where feasible. But it's not always worth it.
My dropbox usage has dwindled to nothing, so I deleted my account. If I begin using dropbox again I will use SIWA exclusively there.
- - Post merged: - -

I wish I could migrate my Movies Anywhere account but.....
If your movies anywhere email is the same as your Apple ID then it will auto connect to your existing account when you try logging in with SIWA.

kylew1212

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
If your movies anywhere email is the same as your Apple ID then it will auto connect to your existing account when you try logging in with SIWA.
I have that, however it does not address many issues. Using this method still allows for username / password login. Also it does not obscure the email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.