Signature issues…

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by alphaod, Aug 16, 2009.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm getting this error when I'm trying to change my signature… is there is something wrong with my signature?

The weird thing is it is giving me me this error even when I don't change anything (AKA keep my present signature) and click 'Submit' or 'Preview'.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We have recently adjusted some limits on signature sizes in response to feedback from members, and we now only permit text at a maximum of size 2 in order to keep distractingly large sigs from overwhelming the content of posts. The rest of the limits now read:

We've decreased signature height and font size limits while increasing the number of characters (both for visible text and for the total including vBulletin markup) allowed, and we hope that strikes a good balance.

3. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Cool thanks; unfortunately this means I need to either remove the MRoogle link :)() or never change my signature :)().

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

[​IMG] :D

Plenty of ways to make that sig shorter.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You could remove your name, unless redundancy is key. Or your inventory, but that's a big thing around here so I could see you not wanting to do that. I'd remove your name before MRGoogle and your inventory list before that as well. But that's just me. :)

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No, the only issue is that your user name in your sig is currently size 3, so if you want to edit your signature, you'll have to reduce that. Otherwise your signature appears to be just fine.

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I use size 1 for everything in my signature anyway so I'm glad I will get more characters for my signature. 3 lines is the max I have ever had in mine for as long as I can remember.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

All the cool kids do.

9. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I'm loving the extra letters allowed in my signature and the higher limit including vB code. I'm not required to use short URLs anymore:D

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I just noticed this when attempting to change my sig... kind of a bummer, but whatever I guess...

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I applaud these changes, now if we can just get everyone sigs to auto adjust.

12. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Oh shush. :(

If you think it looks better, I'll make the change :)

Oh I see; I thought you mean it couldn't be smaller than size 3, which I thought was a bummer. I'm fine with making everything smaller.

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian