Signature lines

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mommytoiPad, Dec 15, 2011.

1. mommytoiPad macrumors newbie

Hi all! I am new here. I've had my iPad about 4-5 months, and this is my first experience with an Apple product. I LOVE IT!

It was a gift, and is a refurb first generation. I use it for all my email, searching the web, watching TV, movies, etc.

Here is my situation. I just starting doing marketing for a singer, and am in the process of sending out a massive amount of emails. I currently have two different email addresses sending email to my iPad. Personal one isn't an issue.

It's the one for the singer. I need to be able to have a signature line that has her website logo (with embedded link to her website), Facebook with the same, and be able to attach mp3's and photo's. I tried
    copy and pasting her signature line that includes all this, but it doesnt work in the signature section of the iPad settings.

Then I saved the logo's to my photo's but they don't have the links embedded into them (I don't mind storing them somewhere on the iPad and having to copy and paste them to each email). Nothing seems to
    work.

I was told by someone else that I can't do this emailing with the logo signature lines on my iPad. They told me I can only do this through OutLook on a regular PC. I just find it hard to believe that as advanced as
    the Apple products appear to be, that I can't do this.

So, is this achievable? I so want to do this on my iPad if possible. My desktop is a regular PC, but then I'm tied to it for days on end......

Anyone can help? I hope I made this somewhat easy to understand.

2. macking104, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Have you looked at the apps in the App Store: search "email signature"? like this Group Email! App: http://www.redbits.com/iphone/groupemail/en/index.html

Have you tried making the email with signature on a regular computer, emailing to yourself and saving as a draft...?

Other method: save signature graphic in iPad photo album, then select photo (signature), click on the share button / email at top, and type text above the graphic...

(not an ad)

3. mommytoiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

I will run off and try the two suggestions before heading to the app store. Will let you know. I already have the signature line saved in an email I sent to myself. Off to see if I can use it, folder it and then just replace the text.

Will let you know. Thank you sooo much!

4. mommytoiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so the 2nd suggestion worked (used email in draft and put in the text I want above it).....but now I'm stumped again.

I have a photo and a mp3 that are in an existing email I have, that I need to be able to attach to the emails with the fancy sig line.

How the heck do I accomplish that? Help all, I really want to be able to tell everyone the iPad does almost everything a traditional computer does. Everyone thinks it's just to play on!

I have to have this work. I am still going to look for an app for the sig line, but at least this gives me some time to look.

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

As far as the mp3 and photo goes (assuming the same mp3/photo will be used in all the emails), email it yourself along with the signature and save it on the iPad. You can continue to forward the message as many times as you want and the attached photo and mp3 file will be attached to all your outgoing messages.

I hope that works for you.

6. mommytoiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't really save it, as I don't know where to save it, so I put it in drafts. But, the bad thing is there are two different mp3's and two different photo's depending on which kind of a venue we are sending info to.

I wonder if I can save them on a PC seperate, and then send them back to myself seperate in an email. The biggest problem I have with all this forwarding thing is you get the lines on the left hand side, running vertically......I really need to look in apps. But just was hoping someone new,,,,,you can spend days in apps, and I don't have that kind of time, need to get this stuff out.

7. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

You can save email by tapping on the little icon that looks like a file folder (it has an arrow pointing down). You'll then be prompted to select a folder where you wish to move the email message to.

The lines on the left can be removed. Go to:
    Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders > Increase Quote Level
    ...make sure Increase Quote Level is turned off.
    You can also decrease quote level by tapping in the message while you're typing. There's an arrow to the right of the cut & paste options and you'll see "Quote Level", and you can increase/decrease from there as well.

8. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Caliber's suggestions are good ones.

I was going to add that you could try an app like Goodreader. Store copies of the photos and mp3's in it, and perhaps even the signature as well. Goodreader allows you to select (multiple) files as attachments for emails. I haven't tried photos and MP3's, only documents, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Good luck!

9. mommytoiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

Caliber, you mentioned increasing the quote level, but that selection isn't under my settings in the mail, contacts, etc. So I wonder if this is because I only have a iPad first generation?

I'm going to try breaking up the two different photo's and mp3's that I'll be using for each venue, by forwarding them to myself and deleting what I don't need, and then the original plan of leaving stuff in drafts.

I'll try to look into the other apps you all have mentioned and let you know how it goes. I'm just buried under with all this and Christmas preparations, urghhh!

Thanks for your help.

10. mommytoiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm about ready to scream. Changed things around, and now the email I setmup has the proper signature line, and attached mp3 and photo. Went to save into drafts and it WON'T let me! WTH?

And then when I set up another one I took the signature line and put each logo/link on a seperate line instead of across a line together, which looked nice and neat.

Why would it work two days ago, and now not today. I'm afraid of how it's going to send things out, I'm frustrated because this means I will probably have to be tied to me desktop PC if I'm going to have inconsistency from day to day with drafting, or sending this stuff out.

Anyone else have these issue as far as saving drafts?