Significantly Improved Battery Life with 8.0.1/8.0.2 on 5S

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iWooz, Sep 26, 2014.

1. iWooz macrumors member

I've realized the battery life on my 5S has improved significantly with the latest updates
    Yesterday I got almost 9 hours with my usual usage scheme. on iOS 7 and 8.0.0 I usually got about 6 hours.

Right now I'm at 40 Minutes usage and the battery is still at 96%.

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Never pay attention to battery between 95-100%. It's always misleading because it's never linear at that point vs other levels of the battery

3. Coupz macrumors regular

People should really stop thinking that battery life is linear. Please make a screenshot when your phone hits 1% or 2% and upload it here. THEN you can make a conclusion about your battery life.

4. iWooz thread starter macrumors member

People should really start reading before posting. I said I nearly got 9h out of it with my typical usage pattern which usually got me about 6 hours.[​IMG]

5. Lourayad macrumors newbie

Lourayad

If it's true I'm willing to sacrify my jailbreak! I lose 25% an hour 3g browsing on 2months old 5s ios 7.1.2...

----------

I have a very calibrated battery and an app i got from cydia called BatteryLife that shows how much is left( in mAh) and the percentage is always accurate.

----------

How much 3g/4g browsing you did?

6. Imory macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5S still drop frames in the weather app. Why that happens is beyond me.

7. RichP74 macrumors regular

Yep, my battery life has also improved on my 5S. They definitely fixed something that was causing a drain.

8. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Wasn't there something in the release notes about sms and iMessage using data unnecessarily? That might have been it.

On thread topic...
    Actually, I had great battery life on 8.0. Had to reset phone on this release. We shall see how it goes. On iPhone 5.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Give it time, observe it over at least a number of days/charges, and with typical use in most of that time, and then average it out to get a decent idea of it all.