Significantly Improved Battery Life with 8.0.1/8.0.2 on 5S

iWooz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I've realized the battery life on my 5S has improved significantly with the latest updates
Yesterday I got almost 9 hours with my usual usage scheme. on iOS 7 and 8.0.0 I usually got about 6 hours.

Right now I'm at 40 Minutes usage and the battery is still at 96%.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Never pay attention to battery between 95-100%. It's always misleading because it's never linear at that point vs other levels of the battery

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
People should really stop thinking that battery life is linear. Please make a screenshot when your phone hits 1% or 2% and upload it here. THEN you can make a conclusion about your battery life.

iWooz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
People should really start reading before posting. I said I nearly got 9h out of it with my typical usage pattern which usually got me about 6 hours.

Lourayad

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
If it's true I'm willing to sacrify my jailbreak! I lose 25% an hour 3g browsing on 2months old 5s ios 7.1.2...

----------

Never pay attention to battery between 95-100%. It's always misleading because it's never linear at that point vs other levels of the battery
I have a very calibrated battery and an app i got from cydia called BatteryLife that shows how much is left( in mAh) and the percentage is always accurate.

----------

People should really start reading before posting. I said I nearly got 9h out of it with my typical usage pattern which usually got me about 6 hours.Image
How much 3g/4g browsing you did?

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Yep, my battery life has also improved on my 5S. They definitely fixed something that was causing a drain.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Yep, my battery life has also improved on my 5S. They definitely fixed something that was causing a drain.
Wasn't there something in the release notes about sms and iMessage using data unnecessarily? That might have been it.

On thread topic...
Actually, I had great battery life on 8.0. Had to reset phone on this release. We shall see how it goes. On iPhone 5.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Give it time, observe it over at least a number of days/charges, and with typical use in most of that time, and then average it out to get a decent idea of it all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.