Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I used to be able to swipe up the notification and it would silence a phone call. On the iPhone 14 with the Dynamic Island it just shrinks the alert. I know I can use the volume button, but that’s not as easy when my phone is docked on my desk. Is there a way to silence an incoming call and not send it to voicemail without using the physical buttons?

maternidad

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2021
This is the biggest problem with Dynamic Island, and its influence is so great that it is making me consider switching to a standard iPhone 14. It is very saddening that these changes are made with such little judiciousness or concern. In the end, I think Apple engineers have lost sight of the details on which a good user experience really depends.

Reactions: jjk454ss

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
I used to be able to swipe up the notification and it would silence a phone call. On the iPhone 14 with the Dynamic Island it just shrinks the alert. I know I can use the volume button, but that’s not as easy when my phone is docked on my desk. Is there a way to silence an incoming call and not send it to voicemail without using the physical buttons?
You can still swipe on it to hide it

Reactions: jjk454ss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.