Silence iPhone by hitting volume buttons stopped working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shasoosh, Dec 4, 2011.

1. shasoosh macrumors member

When i get a call touching the up\down volume buttons doesn't silence the ringer. Only the power button. Tried to restart it...didn't do much.
    The only thing i installed from cydia lately was springtomize 2 but i've uninstalled it since so i can't think of anything else that would cause something like that.

Thanks

2. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

3. gobol macrumors newbie

Same problem here, I don't know what to do. The last app I installed from Cydia was "Manual Correct".
    I think it is a software issue (I'm running iOS 5), and it has nothing to do with apps.

Any help would be appreciated.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Mine still works, I'm running 5.01 but I'm not jailbroken. Do your volume buttons work otherwise? Does the Vol + still work as a shutter release? If they all do, then it's probably something to do with your jailbreak. You can try doing the entire process again and see if you get it this time or make a decision between that or being jailbroken. That's assuming that the other functions of the buttons still work.

5. shasoosh thread starter macrumors member

6. gobol macrumors newbie

7. TangoDown macrumors regular

Same here! Thanks for the direct link which meant I could install from the phone. You're a lifesaver.

8. shasoosh thread starter macrumors member

No problem guys :)
    I wish the developer would fix it soon. I tried twitting him about it but he didn't responded.

9. Mengels7 macrumors regular

I was worried I wouldn't be able to find any info on this. Thanks for clearing it up.

10. femin macrumors newbie

that fixed my problem. thanks.

however Springflash stopped working. tried to reinstall, and it won't turn on with any shortcuts. anyone>?

11. skyperdude macrumors newbie