Silent icon on iOS5 (4S)??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Nov 6, 2011.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Hello guys!
    I just discovered that when I swich the sound off from the side switcher, there is not any icon that indicate the phone is in silent mode on status bar. Is there any way to make it visible, or it's just a new iOS5 option?

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

There has never been a silent symbol on the iPhone. If you think there was, it must have been an jailbroken iPhone. I think SBSettings can do this.

3. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, may be you are right- my JB iPhone 4 shows silent icon before the battery icon... But I have never realized that is because of the JB...

4. Total Respray macrumors member

The most glaring omission on the iPhone in my opinion, and a major drawback for useability, especially for those who switch between silent and audible for business meetings, etc.

Feedback duly sent to Apple, but given that people have been complaining about this for some time, I'm not expecting this to be remedied any time soon.

5. tomtom101 macrumors regular

quick question, does anyone know here if you can make the iphone make sounds even when the headphones are in?? /i know this has noting to do with the above question, but i dont want to start a new thread for something so stupid!

6. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

If you have the headphones in and/or on silent then the iPhone will still set off alarms if you have them set. The sound will come out of the bottom speaker. Is that what you were meaning?