Silly question re. iOS calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Nov 11, 2011.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

I've had an iPhone for quite a while and I've never noticed this since I don't make extensive use of the calendar, but having just bought my other half a 4S who does, he is bemoaning the fact that on the iPhone, you can only set calendar appointments in 5 minute increments. I actually had to look again myself to see that this is the case. He uses the calendar to set all sorts of appointments and schedules, including train times of journeys he's going to make, which of course don't fall into neat 5 minute increments. Does anyone know how to set appointments and events on the iPhone in minute increments? I'm just wondering if there's something obvious I'm missing. Right now my other half is having to log into GMail and set the calendar appointments in there for the right times, which in turn are synced back to the iPhone, and this is clearly not ideal.

Many thanks

M.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

There are quite a few things that Calendar and Reminders on iOS don't support that services like Google Calendar and Windows Live Calendar do.

4. RBrunner macrumors newbie

Siri can Help

If you use Siri to set reminders you can specify an hour and minute of your choosing.

However, if you want to set a reminder without Siri, I have not yet found a way around the 5-minute increments.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

It is annoying, I just checked if you can set it yourself on iCloud.com, no go. I know what I do is set it up on my Mac and adjust it there. Hopefully this will change with iOS6.

6. hobx macrumors regular

Does he synchronise with another calander (Gmail, exchange?) as if you set the entry there it will sync correctly I believe. Not a solution, but a workaround at least....